Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone drop off or pick up kaboo festival passengers? Had a surge ping around 11 to pickup, but was too tired to deal with the unknown hoops to jump thru and cancelled. Just wondering if worth the traffic and sweaty drunks after being outdoors for hours at festival.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Anyone drop off or pick up kaboo festival passengers? Had a surge ping around 11 to pickup, but was too tired to deal with the unknown hoops to jump thru and cancelled. Just wondering if worth the traffic and sweaty drunks after being outdoors for hours at festival.
No pick up/drop off zones!! Forget it!
I learned my lesson at the Races and you said it! " Sweaty drunks outdoors for hours"!

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
" Sweaty drunks outdoors for hours"!
Lol. Damn, that's an awful combination.

Two things I've learned about big events here in San Diego. Either work the edge of the surge zone or go to the opposite side of town since all the noobs tend to listen to the Uber text/email, stating there's going to be high demand in such & such area. The traffic situation at a lot of these events negates the fact that you'll get a lot of fares because it's an absolute pain to get in & out of these events quickly. Couple that with drunks & idiots who can't properly place a pin or are too lazy to walk to you because the traffic is so horrendous. Yeah, no thanks.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. Damn, that's an awful combination.

Two things I've learned about big events here in San Diego. Either work the edge of the surge zone or go to the opposite side of town since all the noobs tend to listen to the Uber text/email, stating there's going to be high demand in such & such area. The traffic situation at a lot of these events negates the fact that you'll get a lot of fares because it's an absolute pain to get in & out of these events quickly. Couple that with drunks & idiots who can't properly place a pin or are too lazy to walk to you because the traffic is so horrendous. Yeah, no thanks.
I finally got a ride south after cancelled 6 requests, pain in the ass event I'm sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got two short rides in 90 minutes The demand was there but it was a major pain in the ass to get pickups. The police were giving out tickets and it took 20 minutes to do a U-Turn by The Fish Market. A couple of drivers did illegal u-turns and they were promptly ticketed by a dozen sheriffs in the area. Foolish to do that for a short ride.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got two short rides in 90 minutes The demand was there but it was a major pain in the ass to get pickups. The police were giving out tickets and it took 20 minutes to do a U-Turn by The Fish Market. A couple of drivers did illegal u-turns and they were promptly ticketed by a dozen sheriffs in the area. Foolish to do that for a short ride.
Just turned down a drop off from downtown.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have made 3 drop trips on Friday, 3 drop trips and 1 ride request on Saturday from the KAABOO Music Festival. There is a designated, drop off and pick up area for all drivers. It is located directly across the street from the main entrance. It's very easy to drop off and pick up passengers, at this new location.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have made 3 drop trips on Friday, 3 drop trips and 1 ride request on Saturday from the KAABOO Music Festival. There is a designated, drop off and pick up area for all drivers. It is located directly across the street from the main entrance. It's very easy to drop off and pick up passengers, at this new location.
Thanks for the info, might give it a shot tomorrow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts