Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my license a few days ago and now I'm on the Uber market place. The few renters that would answer my calls wanted $400+ due to my status. Kind of getting to the point of ridiculous.

This company kabanafi was on Uber market place and they offer rides to "new" drivers. They wouldn't give me prices though until I applied. Just trying to see if this is a solid company and if there are better ones for new tlc drivers with DMV license less than 3 years.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Good luck $400-350 week $1,600-1,400 month that's just car expenses try to make that in a week week / half so u could have 3 weeks of income for yourself damn and Uncle Sam .

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeez, I just can't win. Buying a car is bad and so is renting. But debt is worse and I'm willing to work my ass off to see 4 stacks gross a month. Thank goodness I have a second job. So won't be TOO bad.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Jeez, I just can't win. Buying a car is bad and so is renting. But debt is worse and I'm willing to work my ass off to see 4 stacks gross a month. Thank goodness I have a second job. So won't be TOO bad.
Good luck $400-350 week $1,600-1,400 month that's just car expenses try to make that in a week week / half so u could have 3 weeks of income for yourself damn and Uncle Sam .
400 a week = 1600 a month
Plus gas (renters need a lot) = 2200
Plus car wash and oil = 2350
I have no clue how people do it. Sleeping in car will not help much

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I wash my own car. I currently live in Long Island, so I have access to a hose.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Oh I wash my own car. I currently live in Long Island, so I have access to a hose.
Lol but seriously guy I work part-time myself. I don't know your woking habits but do you think you could work a full time job then so this part-time to cover 1,600 a month and also have the money to pay bills not car expenses bills but the debt you have ? Be careful you might end up working both jobs just to pay the rent on the car and dig yourself in a deeper hole .

·
Registered
978 Posts
Look just do it. The rates are what they are. 400 is about as good as it gets. Rent for a month and see how it is. If after a month you don't get the urge to jump off the Brooklyn bridge then buy a car and sign up for lyft and Juno. That's the way to do it these days.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
I do it. I hate it. Got a car, but it's taking too effing long for the dealer to get my registration. Time to find ways to force the dealer to act faster. Hmm.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yea. Just take Uber's promotion go to American Lease or any of the other partners and take the 2 week free rental. But dont be expecting to make big bank ATM is slow, but then again you will get preference since you will be a newbie. Just dont let those first statements fool you.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea. Just take Uber's promotion go to American Lease or any of the other partners and take the 2 week free rental. But dont be expecting to make big bank ATM is slow, but then again you will get preference since you will be a newbie. Just dont let those first statements fool you.
They want 3 years under DMV which I don't have.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
They want 3 years under DMV which I don't have.
Oh i see then yea. Thats the big problem, even if you get your own insurance most brokers want the same 3 yr experience. So basically they have you by the balls. Just look for whatever is cheaper. But even now a days the cheapest one ive seen is around $350.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Oh i see then yea. Thats the big problem, even if you get your own insurance most brokers want the same 3 yr experience. So basically they have you by the balls. Just look for whatever is cheaper. But even now a days the cheapest one ive seen is around $350.
Brokers will take you if you have under 3 years. I've spoken to some, and they do.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Since you live on Long Island, try uber with regular plates there. Yes, the rates are lower, but you probably have a car anyway.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Look just do it. The rates are what they are. 400 is about as good as it gets. Rent for a month and see how it is. If after a month you don't get the urge to jump off the Brooklyn bridge then buy a car and sign up for lyft and Juno. That's the way to do it these days.
By far the best advice given

1 - 18 of 18 Posts