Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Excellent article on the culture of exploitation within Uber. I think it's funny that there aren't more folks on here that read the article... It's because most of the morons driving haven't graduated beyond the funny pages.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
It's obvious the author shares my viewpoint regarding the "sharing economy."

Some marvelous efficiencies can result from deploying technology, but I don't support the idea that UBER (et al) gets to simply ditch it's responsibilities to the public and foist the bulk of their operations costs on those contractors who provide the actual service to customers.

If UBER is just a middle man (and not a transportation company) then why are they charging such high commissions AND dictating all the terms of service.

All I need from UBER is the connection to the customer. I can manage everything else.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts

Some marvelous efficiencies can result from deploying technology, but I don't support the idea that UBER (et al) gets to simply ditch it's responsibilities to the public and foist the bulk of their operations costs on those contractors who provide the actual service to customers.

If UBER is just a middle man (and not a transportation company) then why are they charging such high commissions AND dictating all the terms of service.

All I need from UBER is the connection to the customer. I can manage everything else.
Well put!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Right on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts