Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
would TFL ask for a DBS if she applied for a PH license? doubt the Somali embassy would be in a position to write a letter of good conduct, likewise the Syrian embassy. does the system need improving?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/isis-mother-fled-uk-syria-204157128.html#Ly72hHb
The TfL would not ask for a DBS if she was a refugee seeking asylum. She isnt. She is a British citizen (from what I understood).

The system does need improving I agree. People who go to fight for foreign organisations/countries should have their citizenship revoked. So anyone going to fight on the behalf of ISIS or Israel should not let be back in. She didnt go to fight tho so this is different.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
The TfL would not ask for a DBS if she was a refugee seeking asylum. She isnt. She is a British citizen (from what I understood).

The system does need improving I agree. People who go to fight for foreign organisations/countries should have their citizenship revoked. So anyone going to fight on the behalf of ISIS or Israel should not let be back in. She didnt go to fight tho so this is different.
In the article it says she is a British national which is different from a British citizen

·
Premium Member
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
depends how long she has lived in the UK and how long she has been in Syria.

She didnt go to fight tho so this is different.
that's right she took her 5 children to a war zone in order to convince her husband to come 'home'. that is completely different.
being granted asylum from war torn Somalia only to put herself and her presumably much loved children back into a war zone makes her original asylum plea worthless. yet should she be allowed back here TFL would not have the authority to properly vet her.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Letter of good conduct is an archaic system, which offers little assurance in reality, as would testify the victims of black cab rapist John Worboys amongst others

·
Registered
977 Posts
Maybe, but if i stand in front of you i do not look funny at all. More like "get the **** of my way" but maybe it's just me...

·
Premium Member
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as we're so into facts as opposed to rumor and speculation i thought i'd take this from wiki:

"Worboys was convicted at Croydon Crown Court on 13 March 2009 of one count of rape, five sexual assaults, one attempted assault and 12 drugging charges"

yep an evil odd ball that should never have worn that badge or at the very least had it and his liberty removed way before it finally was. as a UK citizen he would have gone through the enhanced CRB process and passed. however should he ever want to be a PHD or taxi driver once released, he will fail the DBS. i have Nigerian family so lets say his crimes and punishment occurred in Nigeria. now over here all he needs is a letter from the Nigerian embassy. i know first hand how corrupt Nigerian diplomats can be. £300 a letter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts