Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been stop by a cop in about 25 years of driving. Since Uber. In 1 year I have been stop 5 times. LOL

I don’t care if you are white, black, latino, or asian.

This is what you do.

1-turn off the car and radio
2-roll down ALL windows. yes passengers too. cops want to see what’s in the back
3- this is important. Put both hands on the steering wheel and do not let go until the cop tells you to get your license and registration.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh also get a dash cam.

I have a cheap one and is amazed at the audio quality inside the car.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Night time turn your interior lights on . Judgement call about putting your hazards on.
And then it's yes sir no sir. Sort of sucks but that's the way it is

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
I've been pulled over plenty of times and never had an issue. I always roll down all windows, keep my hands on the steering wheel and it's yes sir, no sir, I'm sorry sir. If they want to conduct a search of the car I let them, I have nothing to hide. Everyone says that they need a warrant and blah blah blah. Forget all that, just let them search your car if u have nothing to hide and avoid all the hassle

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Oh also get a dash cam.

I have a cheap one and is amazed at the audio quality inside the car.
Dash cam doesn't help de-escalate situations. It only provides evidence after something bad has happened.

show your hands at all times. Explain to cops what you are doing as you move. Move as SLOWLY AS POSSIBLE.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes sir they are billions of rules for to follow when dealing with the cops. I will leave you with this one and see what rule you forget to implement.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put both hands on the steering wheel. Do not talk unless asked a question.

5 times I have been stop within a year. Let me tell you it’s very stressful.

If you don’t have dash cam by now and you do ridesharing. You are a dope.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to follow up on that youtube clip “ the cop (Sean Groubert of South Carolina) was fired, arrested and charged with assault"

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It doesn't matter every situation is different as are the officers involved. I have no idea what is going on in this country. I feel for these families
But the media is definitely not helping the situation and to brand all cops as bad is plain out wrong. I lived in south Fla and always had a gun in my glove box.No conceal carry and did the 3 step to fire move to keep with the law down there .pulled over only twice but immediately told them I had a gun in the box and waited on them . Both times the officers took the gun checked me out and returned the gun to me . Gun always in case with the clip out
This was in the 90's not now and I do not carry any longer Definitely not as a Driver

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The police in st paul panicked. Most be inexperience or looking for action. Why would he tell the cop he have a gun if he was trying to pull it on him?? The cop admitted too, saying I told him not to reach for it. That doesn't make any sense. He's the dude was like oh look officer I have a gun and I am going to shoot you. Shit is getting crazy out here.

1,528 Posts
I've been pulled over plenty of times and never had an issue. I always roll down all windows, keep my hands on the steering wheel and it's yes sir, no sir, I'm sorry sir. If they want to conduct a search of the car I let them, I have nothing to hide. Everyone says that they need a warrant and blah blah blah. Forget all that, just let them search your car if u have nothing to hide and avoid all the hassle
Never let them search your car, even if you have nothing to hide..because they will find something and you will be arrested...from experience

1 - 17 of 17 Posts