Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an order in an area where I thought, “cool, won’t have to deal with too much traffic or going downtown...” it was 4 DRINKS (with ice) from a random Korean shopping center/specialty food thing. Swiped “start delivery” and it said 30 minutes to drop (in downtown DC). I said, out loud, “GTFO.” And then I wanted to cry. I was pissed! Here are your warm drinks, ice melted. Thanks for no GD tip a$$hole. ??

Ok, I’m over it. ?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Yup, always check to see what they ordered before driving to restaurant. I won't do any orders with more than 2 unsealed drinks - and for certain restaurants where I know the drinks are huge and top-heavy (ahem Popeye's) I won't accept orders with more than one drink. (Popeyes combos have drinks, "dinners" do not just fyi) Bottled drinks are fine as those can't spill. Subway only does bottled, at least in my area.

I'm in Phoenix and once had an order for froyo, in the middle of July, to be delivered 10 miles away. Seriously, who the f does that?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you fill the cup completely with ice, add a little fluid then more ice, it will reduce spills. If you don't pour, tell the restaurant that they requested that the cup be full of ice. Why can't every merchant have a Boba type machine that seals the drinks or just give em a can of coke and a cup of ice?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll chime in on the 2nd part. I hate trying to deliver during the day because every time I'm sure I'm far enough away from Portland, sure enough, a 10 mile delivery takes me into Portland so I can sit in traffic trying to get back. It's ridiculous. I had 3 in a row one day, 8 miles, 10 miles, and 7 miles. I stopped delivering during the day after that.

·
-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
2,935 Posts
Yup, always check to see what they ordered before driving to restaurant. I won't do any orders with more than 2 unsealed drinks - and for certain restaurants where I know the drinks are huge and top-heavy (ahem Popeye's) I won't accept orders with more than one drink. (Popeyes combos have drinks, "dinners" do not just fyi) Bottled drinks are fine as those can't spill. Subway only does bottled, at least in my area.

I'm in Phoenix and once had an order for froyo, in the middle of July, to be delivered 10 miles away. Seriously, who the f does that?
Uber has had free ice cream days here in Southern California in the middle of summer. Not as hot as Phoenix, but still in the triple digits.

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts

Like you, I always check the drinks before heading to the restaurant. Firehouse Subs have a tall drink that's bulky and doesn't stay in the drink carrier they provide. After a few drinks on my floor, I don't take any of their drink orders.

I delivered just a coffee 15 min away to someone in an office on the 12th floor. Ironically there was a coffee shop across the street from that person.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts

I spilled a couple giant Popeyes. And their holders are like a quarter inch. As I was getting in my car. One fell outside the car, one inside. Ruined my entire evening.
At least they gave me new ones. No charge.

You'll never get over it. It will "eat at you" until you go back to delivery address and throw the drinks in their face. Then, and only then, will you truly be over it.
*Please film it and post it ASAP. We are in need a good morale booster!
Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your POV, women have no offensive protruding body parts that they can dip in the food/drinks.

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
women have no offensive protruding body parts that they can dip in the food/drinks.
Technically I could put my nipple in some guys food/drink. Imagine if I just had a baby, I guess I could add some breast milk.

Not that I ever would that or would ever put anything in someone's food. I was just showing you another POV.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Technically I could put my nipple in some guys food/drink. Imagine if I just had a baby, I guess I could add some breast milk.

Not that I ever would that or would ever put anything in someone's food. I was just showing you another POV.
I said women have no OFFENSIVE protrusions. Nipple is fine! Welcome even.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I picked up an order today, Friday about 3;15. Rush hour just starting in Houston. Swipe to start and it is 11 1/2 miles to drop off, and goind down congested interstates. I REALLY WISH WE COULD JUST TAKE THE FOOD BACK IN AND LET SOMEONE ELSE TAKE IT.
Shoed about 27 minute trip. It actually took me 45 minutes to arrive. Got a ping before drop off, but cancelled it as it was not going to be good in that traffic.
By the time I got back to my area, I had 1 1/2 hours into it. Made a little over 10.00. Deduct for gas, and probably made 4.50 per hour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems to me that her reason for her venting was the fact that she had to travel so far and didn't get a tip, not that you had to deliver four drinks to them.

Of course that might just be my take, but I didn't see anything about the drinks spilling or difficulty with the drinks☺

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Seems to me that her reason for her venting was the fact that she had to travel so far and didn't get a tip, not that you had to deliver four drinks to them.

Of course that might just be my take, but I didn't see anything about the drinks spilling or difficulty with the drinks☺
4 warm drinks with ice in them driver knows will melt before delivery. You don't see the difficulty with the drinks???

·
Premium Member
71,590 Posts
Got an order in an area where I thought, "cool, won't have to deal with too much traffic or going downtown..." it was 4 DRINKS (with ice) from a random Korean shopping center/specialty food thing. Swiped "start delivery" and it said 30 minutes to drop (in downtown DC). I said, out loud, "GTFO." And then I wanted to cry. I was pissed! Here are your warm drinks, ice melted. Thanks for no GD tip a$$hole. ??

Ok, I'm over it. ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
I REALLY WISH WE COULD JUST TAKE THE FOOD BACK IN AND LET SOMEONE ELSE TAKE IT.
I wish they would let us know the customer's address or at least the general area before we drove to get the food.

But then Uber knows the high crime areas wouldn't be delivered to, nor would a lot of apartments, condos and office buildings with limited parking

3,880 Posts
Got an order in an area where I thought, "cool, won't have to deal with too much traffic or going downtown..." it was 4 DRINKS (with ice) from a random Korean shopping center/specialty food thing. Swiped "start delivery" and it said 30 minutes to drop (in downtown DC). I said, out loud, "GTFO." And then I wanted to cry. I was pissed! Here are your warm drinks, ice melted. Thanks for no GD tip a$$hole. ??

Ok, I'm over it. ?
I'll bet it's crazy working in DC

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.