Uber Drivers Forum banner

How many old people work Nj Uber?

• I am retired & Bored 60+ years old (check out my old person avatar)

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I am a young gun 18-59 years old

Votes: 17 65.4%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Uber is the PERFECT job for a retiree. Flexible hours, etc. Some retirees need a little bit of extra money, others do it to keep busy. Its perfect for them. Its also perfect for Uber. Retirees are the perfect ant. Most probably accept every ping and cater to "the Walmart crowd" so they are never far from home.

In response to your poll, I'm 52 and have been doing this full time for about 14 months. I quit my 9-5 so that I can peruse my passion which requires me to periodically take time off, sometimes a month at a time. So for as much as I loathe Uber as a company, I'm happy for the freedom it gives me to spend time doing something I truly enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
My godfather is retired and does Uber/Lyft. He's less concerned with the money as he is with having something to keep himself from being idle, although he is aware of his expenses/rates/other things discusses here.

He's much more patient than I am, however. Anything involving a school and little kids or supermarkets automatically works me up.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wtf you say ??
Let me repeat in Guido...

Yo Bro, "Cabzzz Here...". Your on the wrong page my manz... This is the NJ page and not the SI page yo. If youz looking for dat GTL page youz gotz it allz wrong! Gym, Tan, Laundry for lyfe!

But we know youz the GTUL... Gym Tan Uber Laudry 4 Lyfe

·
Registered
80 Posts
Let me repeat in Guido...

Yo Bro, "Cabzzz Here...". Your on the wrong page my manz... This is the NJ page and not the SI page yo. If youz looking for dat GTL page youz gotz it allz wrong! Gym, Tan, Laundry for lyfe!

But we know youz the GTUL... Gym Tan Uber Laudry 4 Lyfe
Yooo yooo yooo don't come to my ghetto Yoooo !!!! It's not a street so please talk like other people, do not talk with slang. Guy who make this threat don't mention about City/State so i put my opinion here what happend on Manhattan and you reply on my message ,, it's not Staten Island page '' wtf ?? In NJ i saw a lot of retired people with NJ Limo plates and TLC plates also in Lincoln a lot of people are over 60.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
OMG, this exchange is beginning to sound like the public caricature of what the underclass rideshare driver should sound like. The enemy is FUBER. That's why we're here, right? Don't allow FUBER to successfully pit drivers against one another. This helps no one and lets the BEAST sit back, scratch it's Jabba-The-Hutt hairy belly and belch... loudly. Rideshare loves nothing better than to divide and conquer.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Whats wrong with old people driving? they drive a lot better than the young clowns speeding and on the phone every minute
Cause, you know us old farts, we can't text and drive like the millennials and such. Like, we are mentally feeble and one sammich short of a picnic and all.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Uber is the PERFECT job for a retiree. Flexible hours, etc. Some retirees need a little bit of extra money, others do it to keep busy. Its perfect for them. Its also perfect for Uber. Retirees are the perfect ant. Most probably accept every ping and cater to "the Walmart crowd" so they are never far from home.

In response to your poll, I'm 52 and have been doing this full time for about 14 months. I quit my 9-5 so that I can peruse my passion which requires me to periodically take time off, sometimes a month at a time. So for as much as I loathe Uber as a company, I'm happy for the freedom it gives me to spend time doing something I truly enjoy.
I could not have written it better!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts