Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got approved for UberSelect in TO, no ride yet, any advise before i hit the road? where do UberSelect riders chill out and at what time of the day?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no idea, im looking for Uber Select advise, Im a novice in uber select, also it depends on the vehicle and at least 4.7 rating

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
What's Uber's cut?
25%

Do you have to take X pings?
Of course.

Just got approved for UberSelect in TO, no ride yet, any advise before i hit the road?
Keep a rag and interior detailer handy for Select requests. Select riders generally prefer immaculate interior and frown upon any dirt or debris on your floor mats.

Where do UberSelect riders chill out and at what time of the day?
I cannot elaborate on what time a day, because I don't driver 24/7, but, obviously, most of the times you'll be getting Select requests our of posh areas with exorbitant property (Bridal path, etc). There is no sense to hang out there, though, cause it's not guaranteed.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
I use select. As a rider clean car, proper knowledge of the streets and just overall good service. I don't expect water or stuff. But you should know how to drive in Toronto. Keep in mind Black cars do select and they are professional drivers.

Be friendly dress the part, open the doors if it's safe and you will do fine.

I only rated a select driver bad once. He had no A/C on one of the hottest humid nights of the summer. Girlfriend was not impressed arriving with wind blown hair.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just got approved for UberSelect in TO, no ride yet, any advise before i hit the road? where do UberSelect riders chill out and at what time of the day?
Hi There
How is select how many pings are you getting on the weekdays
How many pings are you getting on the weekends
Most select driver are not willing to share so i would be very surprised if you were

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the last 3 days, I have receive Select request from strange riders, Im sure they did it by error except one. This guys from Etobicoke to North York, dealership driver and a student going from Spadina to Shareware gardens....I was surprise at the cost but at a closer look, i noticed it was select, couldnt ask them if they specifically chosed select caused they just jumped out of the car.
Im sure they will look at the cost later. It looks like there is no UberX close to the airport. I was there and noticed only Uberselect is active.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yes, that's because a lot of UberBlack and UberSUV licenced limo operators are also doing Select. And, as you may know, Uber does not allow the rider app to see any UberX vehicles near the airport. You can only order UberBlack and UberSUV. Both those are eligible for Select. As a regular UberX and Select, you would not be available for requests from the airport area.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes, that's because a lot of UberBlack and UberSUV licenced limo operators are also doing Select. And, as you may know, Uber does not allow the rider app to see any UberX vehicles near the airport. You can only order UberBlack and UberSUV. Both those are eligible for Select. As a regular UberX and Select, you would not be available for requests from the airport area.
Does it mean you'll never get requests from airport pax even being UberSelect unless you get UberBlack/SUV permission as well?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I don't know that.

The only thing I know is that both Select and UberBlack/SUV options are available for requests for riders in the Uber app from the airport. Next time I'll be around Pearson, I'll ping myself from the rider's app and see if it works. I'll let you know. But that's probably not going to be any time soon, as I reduced my driving to 1-2 rides per week now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are 4 kinds of uber select.

1. requested by mistake (they don't know how to use uber app yet)
2. company money (business trip, company pays for their trip)
3. spoiled little kids going to party or clubs
4. on a date to impress

other occasions are rare and uber select is randomly distributed along the city.
Not necessarily in rich neighborhood or downtown (I find rich people being cheaper and smarter, they call two uber x other than calling uber XL)

Just don't self realize you;re driving uber select then it will pop up randomly.
If you get a one good Uber Select, its better than driving 10 short trips in Uber X.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also there are a few PAX who are ordering Select when Uber x is surging greater than 2X and Select isn't surging at all and then take select- instead.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yes, I think some of them realized that as soon as UberX surges over 2 it makes sense to request a SELECT with no surge, which is the case sometimes.

Reactions: Murf_Dawg65

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
There are 4 kinds of uber select.

1. requested by mistake (they don't know how to use uber app yet)
2. company money (business trip, company pays for their trip)
3. spoiled little kids going to party or clubs
4. on a date to impress

other occasions are rare and uber select is randomly distributed along the city.
Not necessarily in rich neighborhood or downtown (I find rich people being cheaper and smarter, they call two uber x other than calling uber XL)

Just don't self realize you;re driving uber select then it will pop up randomly.
If you get a one good Uber Select, its better than driving 10 short trips in Uber X.
would add these two

5. 30+ folks with money who opt for a nicer ride.
6. People avoiding surge or using surge as an excuse to upgrade.

My limited select experience so far has broken down something like this:

1. 40%
2. 0%
3. 15%
4. 10%
5. 15%
6. 20%

I find your rating drops a bit with select rides because of all the people picking it by accident and then taking their own mistake out on you. I find select rides account for about 15% of the total when driving during prime hours.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts