Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
So, I finished the final Saturday of the old regulations and it went fantastic. Made almost $300 for the night, with the highlight being a $119 fare to Mississuaga. Really satisfied to end off on a high note! :) Especially with how shitty Friday was (starting to find that day overrated).
Glad you had a good final last Saturday. But I don't get why you don't continue? If you can make $300 in one night, not including what you can make on other days, wouldn't that income more than cover the cost of a newer vehicle? But of course if you've just had it with driving for Uber I can understand wanting to pack it in as a driver

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree. Surprisingly it was a good Saturday. I even felt at times like I'm really going to miss it, believe it or not. My only question is what is this I'm reading about being able to drive other areas out of Toronto. I have a 2008 vehicle and I didn't bother completing the inspection because I thought I was done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you had a good final last Saturday. But I don't get why you don't continue? If you can make $300 in one night, not including what you can make on other days, wouldn't that income more than cover the cost of a newer vehicle? But of course if you've just had it with driving for Uber I can understand wanting to pack it in as a driver
Thanks dude. I honestly refuse to pay any more money towards "working for Uber" because they quite frankly don't deserve it. I have zero respect for the company and do appreciate the opportunity to make some extra cash, but now is the right time to take a break, or retire. The near $300 was a result of a balls-to-the-wall no break session, playing the best surge game yet to this point. Felt like a satisfying end.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
Thanks dude. I honestly refuse to pay any more money towards "working for Uber" because they quite frankly don't deserve it. I have zero respect for the company and do appreciate the opportunity to make some extra cash, but now is the right time to take a break, or retire. The near $300 was a result of a balls-to-the-wall no break session, playing the best surge game yet to this point. Felt like a satisfying end.
Good retirement , standing ovation less competition is always good ; bye bye

·
Registered
417 Posts
No way, you looks like a teenager(?). Force of retirement. ^0^

·
Premium Member
8,229 Posts
If there is consistency around pay and rules it might make sense to invest...but look at the American postings about how people invested in cars etc only to have Uber reduce rates and change the rules. Some have been driven to bankruptcy.

This is not a job you invest into...better off using new car money and going back to school in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
If there is consistency around pay and rules it might make sense to invest...but look at the American postings about how people invested in cars etc only to have Uber reduce rates and change the rules. Some have been driven to bankruptcy.
Totally agree. When you're going to work for an employer or "partner" with a company, it's imperative that the other party be predictable. Uber is NOT such a company at all. They will change the rules in the middle of the game to suit themselves at the driver's expense. Uber is not a good horse for anyone to hitch their cart to. I was even considering going full-time with Uber driving but my better judgement pulled me back from it when I considered that Uber could come up with some really asinine, ideologically driven nonsense at any time and there would nothing we could do about it.

You simply do not invest in a car to drive for Uber. Period. Heck, if I were a venture capitalist, I wouldn't be buying any shares of Uber at this time either.

·
Premium Member
8,229 Posts
Totally agree. When you're going to work for an employer or "partner" with a company, it's imperative that the other party be predictable. Uber is NOT such a company at all. They will change the rules in the middle of the game to suit themselves at the driver's expense. Uber is not a good horse for anyone to hitch their cart to. I was even considering going full-time with Uber driving but my better judgement pulled me back from it when I considered that Uber could come up with some really asinine, ideologically driven nonsense at any time and there would nothing we could do about it.

You simply do not invest in a car to drive for Uber. Period. Heck, if I were a venture capitalist, I wouldn't be buying any shares of Uber at this time either.
Uber is here for the long haul. I'd buy stock..

X is only the starting point for them. We can all ***** and moan but they are the Apple/Google of the future.

I'm not always happy with the stuff they do but word to the wise....don't get kicked off their network. In the future they may run all shipping, school bussing, airlines...shit. anything is possible with them when it comes to moving people/things.

I wouldn't invest but if I get laid off from my day job. This will be how I pay my bills until I figure out my next move.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
We can all ***** and moan but they are the Apple/Google of the future.
No, it's not. With the way they are currently doing business with their "partners" depriving them of even basic gratuity option, then pushing down services no one wants and needs except for Uber (Poo), etc, etc, with investments into bogus "autopilot" automobiles, etc, they won't even see the tip of the icebergs of Apple / Google / Microsoft / whatever. Uber aims for nothing but a quick cash grab with no actual longer term strategy (just ploys for dumb investors).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts