Uber Drivers Forum banner

Just came back and im seeing the planner? It makes no sense

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  HerbyHerb 
#1 ·
So after healing up and rejuvenating for a few months, I'm back and started my day (on the road)at 5am from LI. Nonstop up until 11am in Manhattan where they cut me off because it wasn't busy and in the area AND I wasn't scheduled. Kind of taken aback BUT I am not totally surprised since we were forewarned. Explains why they were desperately trying to keep me in the BX. If I'd known, I'd stayed until i told myself I'd end my shift. But I make good money in 6 hours so I'm good with that.

What i am highly confused and irritated about is the fact that when doing the planner, they only gave me 11 reservations to pick and each hour represents a reservation! WTF BRO!🤬. Has the original concept of a 5 day work week gone out the window? 11 hours isnt even a respectable part time weekly shift. WTF IS UP WITH THIS CRAP

#3 · (Edited)
The Bronx is always on. Ha ha. I got pulled up there last week and kept getting pings all down Willis and 3rd until the bridge at like 10p. Highest was 4.51 and I am NOT EVEN JOKING.

If I could speak spanish I think I could find a way to make it work. I am starting to only feel comfortable in my home area. I keep driving back there like a magnet.

At least we got eased into the planner. Hitting it right out of a hiatus is brutal.

Pick a shift, add two of the dead hours right after every weekday (e.g. you work 4-7p and add 7 and 8 from the planner). You'll have one hour left over. Sat and Sun get out there and fight.

#5 ·
Ive had 11 slots ever since they came up w this crap. Not sure how you guys manage more but i re design my strategy to only need 2 slots per day and 3 slots per day on the weekends. Sometimes i get locked out for 20 or 30 min at a time but i manage to get to a more profitable place. Biz is dead this week tho.

#6 ·
The Bronx is always on. Ha ha. I got pulled up there last week and kept getting pings all down Willis and 3rd until the bridge at like 10p. Highest was 4.51 and I am NOT EVEN JOKING.

If I could speak spanish I think I could find a way to make it work. I am starting to only feel comfortable in my home area. I keep driving back there like a magnet.

At least we got eased into the planner. Hitting it right out of a hiatus is brutal.

Pick a shift, add two of the dead hours right after every weekday (e.g. you work 4-7p and add 7 and 8 from the planner). You'll have one hour left over. Sat and Sun get out there and fight.
But how are we supposed to work with only 11 hours per week?

#15 ·
So after healing up and rejuvenating for a few months, I'm back and started my day (on the road)at 5am from LI. Nonstop up until 11am in Manhattan where they cut me off because it wasn't busy and in the area AND I wasn't scheduled. Kind of taken aback BUT I am not totally surprised since we were forewarned. Explains why they were desperately trying to keep me in the BX. If I'd known, I'd stayed until i told myself I'd end my shift. But I make good money in 6 hours so I'm good with that.

What i am highly confused and irritated about is the fact that when doing the planner, they only gave me 11 reservations to pick and each hour represents a reservation! WTF BRO!🤬. Has the original concept of a 5 day work week gone out the window? 11 hours isnt even a respectable part time weekly shift. WTF IS UP WITH THIS CRAP
You will eventually be allowed to log in whenever you want after 3 months. Do 1,000 trips every three months and you won't ever be locked out.

#19 ·
Wait till you try to reserve your measly 11 hours for the next week on Friday and discover that hours you actually need are already booked by Diamond ants on Thursday because Uber gives them a head start. The game is rigged so much it's not even funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.