Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one tell me if they are going thru this , I was just denied for my 2ndary backround check from DPU but passed Cori, they deactivated my acct. Some say that I should still be able to drive just not pick up at airport , or am I just out a job?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also thought it was the same , but it's not a guess , idk what checker is? My Cori is clean for Criminal offenses they said this is driving stuff from reg from 9 years ago but had recently got licence back, I guess the state backround is deeper and more databases , but I'm fine if I just can't pick up from airport but I need to continue to be able to drive .

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I failed the state check because they didn't have my driving record on file because I'd had an out of state license before. It was entirely different from the CORI.

I was able to clear it up by going to the DPU office in South Station. I don't recommend trying to do anything via phone.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Can some one tell me if they are going thru this , I was just denied for my 2ndary backround check from DPU but passed Cori, they deactivated my acct. Some say that I should still be able to drive just not pick up at airport , or am I just out a job?
Sorry man. Try Amazon Flex, Door Dash, and Fasten. Maybe you can earn some money there.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
If you lost your licence I wouldn't be surprised if that is grounds for the state rejecting your application. If I may ask what was the offence? With a DUI that might have disqualified you.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
but had recently got licence back
So you just recently got your license back? Clearly these CORI checks are making a mockery of Uber's background checks. To think people were having their 9 year old kids getting picked up at elementary schools by Uber drivers coming off freshly suspended licenses.

Obviously we aren't going to have anyone come on here and say they got deactivated because they are on the sex offender registry but I wonder how many of those turned up in these Cori's? The arrogance and negligence on the part of Uber is appalling but sadly not surprising at this point.

·
Registered
805 Posts
So you just recently got your license back? Clearly these CORI checks are making a mockery of Uber's background checks. To think people were having their 9 year old kids getting picked up at elementary schools by Uber drivers coming off freshly suspended licenses.

Obviously we aren't going to have anyone come on here and say they got deactivated because they are on the sex offender registry but I wonder how many of those turned up in these Cori's? The arrogance and negligence on the part of Uber is appalling but sadly not surprising at this point.
Do not ever, ever pick up anyone on age of 9 from school or anywhere else without a parent if you want to drive for uber again or if you want to own anything in your life. The insurance does not cover minors.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Here is the way I understand the new law is being interpreted, and was intended :

1. In order to drive for a rideshare service in Massachusetts, which includes Uber, Lyft, Fasten, and any other service that is or wants to do business in Massachusetts, all drivers must pass the new state background check.

2. If you have not driven for rideshare in the past, you must pass the new state background check before you do so. This includes all driving, whether doing airport pick ups or not. New drivers cannot be activated by a ride sharing service until they pass the new state check.

3. If you were already driving for a rideshare service prior to the new law going into effect, you may continue to drive while you wait for the state to complete their background check on you. You cannot pick up at the airport until you're approved by the state and given a certificate. If you do not pass the state certification process, you are automatically shut off from all ridesharing. You may appeal based on certain conditions.

4. Bottom line is that moving forward, anyone who wants to do any driving for any rideshare service in the state of Massachusetts must pass the state background check.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss . There is a post listing RMV guidelines which list many minor ( quick fix ) issues that can get you denied . Go to Rmv and get a printout of your record . Start from there and follow it thru . Good luck .

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Here is the way I understand the new law is being interpreted, and was intended :

1. In order to drive for a rideshare service in Massachusetts, which includes Uber, Lyft, Fasten, and any other service that is or wants to do business in Massachusetts, all drivers must pass the new state background check.

2. If you have not driven for rideshare in the past, you must pass the new state background check before you do so. This includes all driving, whether doing airport pick ups or not. New drivers cannot be activated by a ride sharing service until they pass the new state check.

3. If you were already driving for a rideshare service prior to the new law going into effect, you may continue to drive while you wait for the state to complete their background check on you. You cannot pick up at the airport until you're approved by the state and given a certificate. If you do not pass the state certification process, you are automatically shut off from all ridesharing. You may appeal based on certain conditions.

4. Bottom line is that moving forward, anyone who wants to do any driving for any rideshare service in the state of Massachusetts must pass the state background check.
I'm curious, Ri and Ct drivers can drive in Ma. Since this rule is only a Massachusetts law, drivers from Rhode Island and Connecticut the rules don't apply to. So that's a way of beating the system.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss .
Did someone die?

Do not ever, ever pick up anyone on age of 9 from school or anywhere else without a parent if you want to drive for uber again or if you want to own anything in your life. The insurance does not cover minors
This happened to me once. A lady calls me up to tell me it's her daughter I'm picking up from school. So I think I'm on my way to Newton North high school. I pull into parking lot and it's an elementary school!!! It's a 9 to 10 year old girl! I'm like WTF? Worst part the teacher was with her and asked if I was Uber! This was pre decal days! It was the most uncomfortable ride of my life. I couldn't wait to get her out of my car.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Bro go to the office and talk to them instead of asking people on here that really have no clue what there are talking about

1 - 20 of 45 Posts