Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Not sure if you guys have had a situation where two people gets picked up and they both want to be dropped to different address , however the passenger said no complete the trip after we drop off my friend. I did hit up uber and provided screen shots but they said no we only pay the one way.

how does every one deal with this do you let the client know from the start you will end trip when we reach first destination and then get them to send another request ? both for in the same suburb but different arears if it was 5 minutes I wouldn't have cared but this was another 20 minutes on top.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have encountered one like that. It was from Chapel St, Prahan to Chelsea (1st destination) and Seaford (final destination). The rider who requested the service finished up at Chelsea. What I did was, I got the rider (who was dropping off at Chelsea) to change the drop off location to Seaford prior to him leaving the car at Chelsea.

Not sure whether this is the correct way to do it but this was the first thing came up to me when the rider said there were two drop off locations.

Keen to know how others do, in such situation.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Alway ask pax to enter the last destination in the app, this also leaves you open to accept stacked pings close to arrival. Use another map app on your phone to guide you to the first drop may even a screenshot including the address showing when arriving as a reference if Uber question the detour.

Cover yourselves as much as you can, it's your money and Uber are allowing people to take advantage of you.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
how does every one deal with this do you let the client know from the start you will end trip when we reach first destination and then get them to send another request ?
Always ask the client to update the address, so its on record. Even when doing multi stops etc, best to do this as well.

So if they are getting out first, get them to put the final address in before they go!

Hint, you can edit the destination even after you have arrived at one if you need to. The pax will get a update saying its changed, just like you do when they change the address etc.

Alway ask pax to enter the last destination in the app, this also leaves you open to accept stacked pings close to arrival.
I had this yesterday morning. Picked up pax, heading to queens rd. Not that far of a trip, but still. On the way, his like if you want to wait around 5 mins, I'm heading to the airport. I just need to run up grab my bag etc. I'm like, sure not a problem.

We get there, I'm waiting and started to get stacked trips! Noooo....

Anyhow, if you tap the address in the partner app, you can change the destination. So I changed it to the airport, to stop stacked pings.

Let him know when he arrived, that I wasn't getting too excited, just needed to change it to stop getting new jobs etc. His like, sure no worries!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
This happens to me often and never had a problem. I usually ask to put final destination in either at the beginning of the trip if they want to direct me to first drop off or change it after I've dropped off first pax. If you start ending and restarting trips that will piss off the customer(s) and make things confusing

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
This happens to me often and never had a problem. I usually ask to put final destination in either at the beginning of the trip if they want to direct me to first drop off or change it after I've dropped off first pax. If you start ending and restarting trips that will piss off the customer(s) and make things confusing
+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts