Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
How annoying it must be to have to live with the guilt of ignoring a tip opportunity. If that's a Yelp review, you can respond to it.

"Do you refuse to tip your server or bartender also? If yes, use Uber like all the other uptight entitled little *****es I safely deliver to their requested destination. If you don't want to pay for that, take the bus"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, but think of the advantage of lyft. Just tell the driver that it was a great ride and you will tip in the app. Everyone will all smiles and you can feel good as you leave the car.

With lyft you can get away with not tipping much easier, nobody knows if you tipped or not.
Also, you may want to keep using the lyft service, since the only thing left will be über black car and select.
And if you don't want to pay 34% less then a taxi and use uberSelect you still have a better chance of finding a lyft car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
with 15% tip, it is cheaper in Detroit uberSelect includes tip, even though select riders tip great. I could be wrong, taxi's may have lowered their rates since I checked.

·
Registered
146 Posts
with 15% tip, it is cheaper in Detroit uberSelect includes tip, even though select riders tip great. I could be wrong, taxi's may have lowered their rates since I checked.
well so if tell someone that their fare is cheaper than a taxi, am I going to look like an idiot or not? I can never get a straight answer about per mile cost of taxis. And when the hell did tip start being included on Select??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just yesterday I had a passenger say "I know with Uber the tip is included." I had to correct her, they are forbidden by law to take a % of a tip, it would have to be declared separate from the fare. Lyft does give you an option to tip which is entirely up to you.

People believe what they want to believe, that ain't gonna change anytime soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Where was that review left? On App Store? Yelp?

Someone should go to Uber & leave the review that you use Lyft, because you feel weird not tipping & you don't like to carry cash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts