Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt its just me, but every time I pass the power lines that are going over the freeway on the 15 between Jurupa and the 60 the partner app will automatic go offline to the home page. I'm not talking once or twice, I'm talking every time and I pass it almost daily.

This happen to anyone else? It's probably not the power lines themselves, I just use them as an indicator because it happens at pretty much that exact spot.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
That happens because you are crossing county lines. That is where Riverside and San Bernardino County meet. You get logged out of one county and have to log into another county.
You will get logged out again going west on the 60 just before the 71 fwy and if you're going down the 10 west you will get logged out just after Monte Vista.

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Everytime I head back from ONT AP. Just after the 15.

Another spot, east or west right about where Iowa meets the 215.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That happens because you are crossing county lines. That is where Riverside and San Bernardino County meet. You get logged out of one county and have to log into another county.
You will get logged out again going west on the 60 just before the 71 fwy and if you're going down the 10 west you will get logged out just after Monte Vista.
makes sense, noticed it on the 91 also.

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Hopefully that was it. I didn't show up as cancellation in Trip History ?

I have always wondered if its possible to get a ping on the other side of a county line.

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
^^^ Good to know, can't believe I went by there 2 days in a row. Had pax though and LA to OC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually there is a good reason why you loose connection under the power lines. Its the same reason when your drive under then you loose radio signal and most hand held devices. Most people don't know that the Cell network works on the FM band frequency which at one time was the 900 Mhz channels, I believe the FCC moved them up to 1200 Mhx and blocked scanners from monitoring those channels... when we drive under or pass through the output of these huge power lines they over power the input levels and the cell phone signal drops. Its not the application the same will apply when you are using the cell phone, mobil TV. If the internet was not via satellite down link we would be ok. CBers have the same problem also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts