Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Newbie to this forum but a reader for months. I wanted to share this event with you guys in order to save time and your money. It seems there are scammers on Juno.

Majority of them will ask you to do multiple locations and not have the app on their phone. This one pick up I had got into the car named "Jordan", immediately said that he had multiple locations. The guy was nice but I didn't know what was about to come. Juno only support one trip per request.

The customer took me all over Brooklyn picking up his little brother from school and dropping him off to some location. Along the way they both started fighting as most siblings do. Annoying to say the least. At this point it was 45mins into the trip. The customer then request the last location. I needed to use the bathroom and I had asked the customer if it was okay and he said yes and pointed me to the direction of a Wendy's. Customer wanted to get something from Wendy's and once we got there didn't get anything. I was in and out quick. He then was approached by a girl who he owed money too and they seemed to have an argument. Then as I am pulling out of the lot, he says can I bring girls in the car. I was like sure why not. Then next thing I knew I was over capacity with 5 passengers excluding myself. Then I dropped them all off. The worst ride ever! I looked at my Juno app and I had spent 95mins with the rider and only got $53. So I wasn't happy I called Juno and they told me that they only support one trip. The next couple of days Juno contacted me because they had figured out that rider was a scammer and had used a fake credit card. I was told that Juno didn't get paid for that trip and if it happened again I will not be paid for that trip.

The next incident happened 3 weeks later in Jamaica. The rider demanded that he is making multiple stops and needs to pick people up and get food from the corner store. I drove him to the store and then after thinking for several mins I ended the trip and bolted. Called Juno and reported him and they flagged that user. The customer was making up all sorts of excuses on why he should be dropped off etc.

· Registered
368 Posts
Hi everyone,

Newbie to this forum but a reader for months. I wanted to share this event with you guys in order to save time and your money. It seems there are scammers on Juno.

Majority of them will ask you to do multiple locations and not have the app on their phone. This one pick up I had got into the car named "Jordan", immediately said that he had multiple locations. The guy was nice but I didn't know what was about to come. Juno only support one trip per request.

The customer took me all over Brooklyn picking up his little brother from school and dropping him off to some location. Along the way they both started fighting as most siblings do. Annoying to say the least. At this point it was 45mins into the trip. The customer then request the last location. I needed to use the bathroom and I had asked the customer if it was okay and he said yes and pointed me to the direction of a Wendy's. Customer wanted to get something from Wendy's and once we got there didn't get anything. I was in and out quick. He then was approached by a girl who he owed money too and they seemed to have an argument. Then as I am pulling out of the lot, he says can I bring girls in the car. I was like sure why not. Then next thing I knew I was over capacity with 5 passengers excluding myself. Then I dropped them all off. The worst ride ever! I looked at my Juno app and I had spent 95mins with the rider and only got $53. So I wasn't happy I called Juno and they told me that they only support one trip. The next couple of days Juno contacted me because they had figured out that rider was a scammer and had used a fake credit card. I was told that Juno didn't get paid for that trip and if it happened again I will not be paid for that trip.

The next incident happened 3 weeks later in Jamaica. The rider demanded that he is making multiple stops and needs to pick people up and get food from the corner store. I drove him to the store and then after thinking for several mins I ended the trip and bolted. Called Juno and reported him and they flagged that user. The customer was making up all sorts of excuses on why he should be dropped off etc.
I really don't see how that should be our headache. My cousin has gotten similar calls from Juno. First time he got the same warnings. Second time they said we already warned you blah blah and he flipped out on them saying you need to fix this problem yourself it's not my headache etc.

· Registered
76 Posts
I really don't see how that should be our headache. My cousin has gotten similar calls from Juno. First time he got the same warnings. Second time they said we already warned you blah blah and he flipped out on them saying you need to fix this problem yourself it's not my headache etc.
I thought Juno was for the drivers??? Sure doesn't sound that way to me. Grass not always greener on the other side.

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Its simple you guys, if they (juno, uber, lyft, gett, via etc.) didnt get paid then how can they pay you? We are not employees (thabk G-d for that), but independent contractors. Dont pick up black teenagers from the hood if one has a backpack and they are asking u to do several stops. Sounds racist, but this is how yellow cab drivers stayed alive in the 1980's & 1990's. You have to stereotype sometimes. Its not a racial thing, its a survival thing whether it be financially or physically. These scammers are giving their own people a bad name (teenagers/blacks). Its a shame.
You're the type of driver Uber and Juno love. Your job is to drive, not to figure out which rider is using a good credit card or not. They sent you the job, you completed it, you get paid, even if they did not. They take commission to get you the job and make sure ride is legit. If they do not pay you, report them to TLC and you will get paid immediately. Done.

· Registered
546 Posts
Its simple you guys, if they (juno, uber, lyft, gett, via etc.) didnt get paid then how can they pay you? We are not employees (thabk G-d for that), but independent contractors. Dont pick up black teenagers from the hood if one has a backpack and they are asking u to do several stops. Sounds racist, but this is how yellow cab drivers stayed alive in the 1980's & 1990's. You have to stereotype sometimes. Its not a racial thing, its a survival thing whether it be financially or physically. These scammers are giving their own people a bad name (teenagers/blacks). Its a shame.
Figuring out if the rider is a scammer is not the driver's responsibility. Juno, or any other App provider, is responsible for vetting the credit card info before approving accounts. If they send you the ping then they have to pay you. Drivers should not make multiple stops. That responsibility is on the driver.

· Registered
294 Posts
Hi everyone,

But it's not your job to determine that. You drive, you get paid. You only report when your life is in danger, or pax tries to make you break the law.
Debit card flipping is pretty common in NYC sadly. Scammers put fake checks in victims accounts telling them they can keep the cut, but scammer takes his cut and leaves before bank sees check is fake and makes victim pay the bank back,and face an interview with the feds.

· Premium Member
587 Posts
Figuring out if the rider is a scammer is. It the driver's responsibility. Juno, or any other App provider, is responsible for vetting the credit card info before approving accounts. If they send you the ping then they have to pay you. Drivers should not make multiple stops. That responsibility is on the driver.
The driver's only responsibility is to verify the passenger.

If Juno wants to limit trips to a single stop, they can require that an address be inputted by the passenger and disallow any changes once that address is inputted.

If I have someone in my vehicle and they request me to stop somewhere, I'm definitely stopping - who's to say these people (the ones using stolen credit cards) won't attack you if you start antagonizing them. This job isn't worth losing my life over.

· Registered
567 Posts
"I'm not racist. I have a black friend" kind of guy over here

· Registered
77 Posts
I've been asked to make a $2000 transaction on my square app, and to give the scamster $400 cash. I dont play those games, it has happened to me 2xs actually, both were uptown pax. I dont do the empathy for hoodrats gig, i'd like to not be on the morning news.

· Registered
87 Posts
I got a Juno 140 miles away. After dropping off, I saw a few missed calls from Juno. I called them and they said the rider was a scammer.

They told me next time I get a fare that far, I should call Juno first, so that they can verify if it's legit. I guess you should be good in Uber, as they don't have customer service.

As for multiple stops, I don't see that as a problem, unless it feels like they're doing it for fun. Sometimes it's not easy to identify scammers.

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a Juno 140 miles away. After dropping off, I saw a few missed calls from Juno. I called them and they said the rider was a scammer.

They told me next time I get a fare that far, I should call Juno first, so that they can verify if it's legit. I guess you should be good in Uber, as they don't have customer service.

As for multiple stops, I don't see that as a problem, unless it feels like they're doing it for fun. Sometimes it's not easy to identify scammers.
Well Juno says that the only support 1 ride per customer. That's in the contract we signed I believe.

· Premium Member
156 Posts
Had a Lyft PAX call me somewhere in midtown around 4:30 pm on a Friday with a 50% surge and ask me if I was willing to go to AC. Got super pumped because I was ready to go and support the Taj with my earnings then, BOOM, he ask me for $150 upfront! I started doing the math while this dude was on the line eating his chicken and said hold up I'm gonna get screwed here. I told him I couldn't do it so he told me to keep doing my lil $10 rides. I said ok and reported his a$$. I actually called the Lyft hotline that you are suppose to call when you get in accident. These ride app companies should have a scammers finders fee to encourage more rats I mean encourage more reporting of suspicious behavior. FYI Lyft also told me the maximum base amount for a ride is $500 in NYC.

· Premium Member
233 Posts
Had a Lyft PAX call me somewhere in midtown around 4:30 pm on a Friday with a 50% surge and ask me if I was willing to go to AC. Got super pumped because I was ready to go and support the Taj with my earnings then, BOOM, he ask me for $150 upfront! I started doing the math while this dude was on the line eating his chicken and said hold up I'm gonna get screwed here. I told him I couldn't do it so he told me to keep doing my lil $10 rides. I said ok and reported his a$$. I actually called the Lyft hotline that you are suppose to call when you get in accident. These ride app companies should have a scammers finders fee to encourage more rats I mean encourage more reporting of suspicious behavior. FYI Lyft also told me the maximum base amount for a ride is $500 in NYC.
What If he asked for a lower amount?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.