Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Is anyone driving today? Might not be worth it, seems dead. Barely any pings.
(Maybe) head to San Rafael. The timing part is questionable. I went to the Marin County Faire years ago and there were hundreds of people going. Concerts, food, exhibits... I got a customized leather belt there. Large display of fireworks. It surged last night 3.0+. I got no guarantee yet to drive in SF today.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Right time and right place to easily pick up and exit that area in Marin County is important. If you get stuck in traffic with surge is good, but cranky pax knowing they are getting surge charged is not so great. Pick in outer perimeter.

·
Registered
418 Posts
So, did I miss any fun today? I haven't seen surge in so long, I forgot what it looks like. Even soupergloo got to be Uberdancer today apparently. and with surge!

I put PDB to bed on Saturday evening (had to pick up a few 4.5's to make it happen because sooo slow on Friday/Saturday) They all behaved. I slept a lot, then spend the time fixing headlights. Got $60 for flaky server-bonus too.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So busy since 2pm in san fran...drove for 7 hrs back to back pings mostly uber eat orders... Got very upset because couldnt log off ....took 24 trips no pools...didnt accept about 10 trips because i needed to clock out..my acceptance rate has to be very bad right now...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Got 11 rides for Monday 10 early in the morning....and have been offline since.

Spent the day eating somebody else's barbq

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I did 200$ in 8 rides about 3 hours . Lyft was sort of a nightmare I saw it get to 250% and I was excited only to be sent pings from the San Rafael while in the marina ( no prime time is San Rafael)

Killed my acceptance rate , last night was definitely a day for cherry picking, I never got a time out but they kept nagging me with text messages

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
San Rafael?!?! Wowzers! I've received from as far away as Tiburon, but always asked them to cancel.

That 250% from lyft was only from fishermans wharf. Everything else was 200%. Theres always a ghost surge just east of that on Lyfts heat map tho. I learned long ago to ignore that. There's not a person in sight when you get there. Just a beacon for the ants to spread out the drivers.

How did most of you do yesterday? How high did uber surge last night?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Last night i saw 4.9x surge on uber around 10pm.
How much did you make last night? How hard was it picking up?

Ridiculous! Doesn't even compare to Lyfts 200%. I've made good money on Lyft, hope to do better on uber but I know I'll be uber pooling full time for at least the next 2 weeks before the incentives roll in.

If anyone has a tip on how to ignore a request without affecting acceptance rate, please dm. I'm using android but will switch to iPhone if needed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Last night I made $180. Worked from 5pm-11pm. I ignored a couple of pool requests on uber and they had put me on a 4 minute timeout. Turned on Lyft but they were sending me requests like 15-20 min away, therefore I ignored like 10 requests on Lyft. Lol. By the way, you can now check your acceptance rate and cancellations for the current week if you login to uber.com

How much did you make last night? How hard was it picking up?

Ridiculous! Doesn't even compare to Lyfts 200%. I've made good money on Lyft, hope to do better on uber but I know I'll be uber pooling full time for at least the next 2 weeks before the incentives roll in.

If anyone has a tip on how to ignore a request without affecting acceptance rate, please dm. I'm using android but will switch to iPhone if needed.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yup, that's the thing with lyft, I was receiving requests from palo alto while I was in San mateo and livermore when I was in Oakland. Lyft is horrible if you're not protected from pings by other drivers

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I was receiving pool pings for sfo and Pacifica on Uber while I was in the Mission and SOMA. My best guess is other drivers were declining those pings as well, while they cashed in on surges nearby instead.

I thought we couldn't receive pings to SFO unless we were stationed in the lot, so why Uber often pings us 20 minutes away is beyond me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts