Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This job with some of these riders can be a royal pain in the arse. Plus those obscene miles put on my car don't help Uber's cause. It's 40 hour a week job, so we'll see what it pays, probably something low, ya gotta figure that.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
JollyRoger,
Good luck to you!

If you run across anything you can share regarding job hunting, please msg me. I'll do the same.

I am seeking a senior-friendly job. I've had interviews where the interviewer emphasized I had "Rusty skills, not Recent skills".

The best to you!

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
JollyRoger,
Good luck to you!

If you run across anything you can share regarding job hunting, please msg me. I'll do the same.

I am seeking a senior-friendly job. I've had interviews where the interviewer emphasized I had "Rusty skills, not Recent skills".

The best to you!
Hate to beat this one like a dead horse, but Pinellas schools is always looking and always desperate for drivers.

·
Registered
480 Posts
JollyRoger,
Good luck to you!

The best to you!
Hey
You should report him for discrimination!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If people have been out of actual work for god knows when don't they get all kinds of responses.
The interviewers are saying "a person with better current skills is more valuable to me than you are". I don't thimk I have an EEO case here; PLUS, I don't like lawsuits. I wish they still used the old aptitude tests from the 1970s. I can ace them and get my name to the top of the list. :)

If anyone hears about a senior-friendly job, other than ride shares, please msg me. I won't disappoint you.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The interviewers are saying "a person with better current skills is more valuable to me than you are". I don't thimk I have an EEO case here; PLUS, I don't like lawsuits. I wish they still used the old aptitude tests from the 1970s. I can ace them and get my name to the top of the list. :)
Publix
If anyone hears about a senior-friendly job, other than ride shares, please msg me. I won't disappoint you.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts

It was mentioned in this post. If you don't live in Pinellas, Hillsboro, Pasco and Pretty much every county school district is always looking for drivers.

·
Registered
215 Posts

This bloke has a readable and entertaining resume. While this is a highly cheeky resume, I've been tempted to add a high degree of sarcasm when completing the upteenth online application. I wonder if it got him any job offers.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/most...-see-mark-bazer?trk=hp-feed-article-title-hpm

·
Registered
216 Posts

Walmart greeter

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Walmart greeter
WalMart no longer hires greeters. Also, greeters had to stand, not sit, when on duty. I need a sedentary job, because I can not stand for extended periods. I can sit and drive all day, taking only occasional breaks for stretching and bathroom. I can lift heavy stuff;; e.g., 70-pound suitcases; but I only can walk a few feet with them. Can not stand or walk for extended periods.

Re: School bus drivers. I hear school chilcdren are worse passengers than Uber riders. :)

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
WalMart no longer hires greeters. Also, greeters had to stand, not sit, when on duty. I need a sedentary job, because I can not stand for extended periods. I can sit and drive all day, taking only occasional breaks for stretching and bathroom. I can lift heavy stuff;; e.g., 70-pound suitcases; but I only can walk a few feet with them. Can not stand or walk for extended periods.

Re: School bus drivers. I hear school chilcdren are worse passengers than Uber riders. :)
The kids are decent, going on 4 years and zero issues.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts

All you have to do is tell the kids, "Don't make me stop this bus"

If you do have to stop the bus then the assistant principal will deal with it and you won't have to stop the bus again.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
All you have to do is tell the kids, "Don't make me stop this bus"

If you do have to stop the bus then the assistant principal will deal with it and you won't have to stop the bus again.
I pull the bus over for 5 minutes, usually takes about 2 for them to shut their traps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
JollyRoger,
Good luck to you!

The best to you!
Pinellas County school crossing guard.17.50 per hour but only 10 hours per week.FINGERPRIMT background check.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts