Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing this on almost no sleep, I figured I better get it all out of the way before I forget. Last night was weird, man. No surges until 1:20AM. Normally half my weekend trips are surges, I figured yesterday all the drivers thought because of the holiday they would be making stacks.

Yesterday I get my first surge at 1.5x at balboa island, assuming a quick trip I have no problem with this. I pick up PAX from pier and she kindly sits in front seat and explains her friend had an injury, she assured me he " wasn't bleeding." I said whatever, let's go, bars are getting out. It was a quick, seven minute trip, which ended up being a 25 minute trip after I didn't have the balls to say no to ****ing Jack In the Box.

Fast forward to 2AM, Uber is going crazy like always and LYFT is at 100% prime. I get a ping on LYFT from a stunning babe just up the road. I pull up to the bar and she is no where to be found. After 14 minutes on the phone with her, I figured out she was in the back entrance. On the phone she was saying things like " please hurry, some guys are trying to put me in their car," and "please please please get me out of here." After 15 minutes I finally find her, I walk up and tap her on the shoulder, she casually says " hold on" as she gives this guy her number (who was taking her friend home?) She said he was an Uber but he was driving a coupe from the 90's, very, a sketchy situation. Anyways, I had my own problem to deal with, I know I've been running up a tab on this drunk girls LYFT ride, so I promptly tried to get her in the car to get her home safely.

She kept rambling about how she is a surgeon and how she has to stay at the bar parking lot just in case someone needed emergency help ( she clearly wasn't, not even 21) Keep in mind, she can BARELY stand, she fell over three times. I finally get her to my Prius, at this point I felt like I was doing something wrong, even though I knew I couldn't leave her there in that parking lot and I was her only hope of getting her home safely, it still felt wrong.

She tried two times to kiss me, after ten minutes of meeting, she would just look into my eyes and then close her and go for the kiss, I'd pull away and then she'd get pissed? Anyways, it took me twenty ****ing minutes to get her in my car, I had to agree to hook up with her when we got back her to her apartment, just to get her in the car.

Fast forward nine miles, I get off the 405 and we are driving under a bridge in Irvine, when I stop at a light she literally opens my car door and starts walking away... Barely able to stand, in heels, middle of no where at 3am. It's not been a ****ing hour... I ended the trip and I was thinking you know what, **** it. I watched her walk about 100ft and fall onto the freeway exit ramp, literally asking someone to hit her. I couldn't just leave her there, I couldn't live with myself.

I finally get her to her apartment, in which she has NO idea which ****ing unit she lives in, after 25 minutes of searching, she's finally back safe... she doesn't have her keys, so she knocks on the door and sure enough this random dude who took her friend back was there, she looked surprised, I left.
2AM-3:27AM to get this one drunk girl 9 miles.

$40 LYFT trip before their cut, and no tip, turns out the ****er WAS bleeding, so now I have blood and god knows what other fluids in my car...

How was your Friday night?

·
Premium Member
8,128 Posts
And THAT is why I am OFF THE ROAD by 1AM at the latest... usually, midnight.
Lesson learned in my first weeks of driving...
I love driving people out to go party...
but I let someone else drag their drunk asses home.

My Friday night was great!
Usual running around - a couple of long trips mixed in among a bunch of short ones.

The three that stood out:

1. 10P I get a ping from a guy at the downtown entertainment center. Arrive and a well dressed guy in a suit says " just give 'her' a ride to her car. 'Her' is a new business associate/employee who parked her car 20 blocks away. Everyone is sober, polite, nice... and he hands me a folded bill ... I ask him what it is for and he says "just take care of her". I drive and drop her at her car - nice chat along the way. It's all of a $6 fare. After she leaves I look at the bill they guy had handed me: it's a $20.

2. 11P Get an uberSELECT ping about ten minutes away in a residential neighborhood. Arrive and it's three high-school kids - guys. (oh god). I'm figuring, drunk, stoned, hit-SELECT-by-mistake - this is going to be a disaster. They hop in and I explain the whole 18 years old to use the uber app thing... and let them know I'm ok with it, but not to give a driver a hard time if the driver won't take them... let their friends know... just order another car, yadda, yadda, yadda. Surprisingly, they don't give me the usual lip... they are polite and ask smart questions.

Ok , this ain't going to be as bad as I thought.

Then they tell me they are each going to their own home - so three stops.
Other drivers seem to not like that - I don't care... I like it... it makes for more miles and a longer ride.
And this is SELECT, so both the minutes AND the miles are significant.

They explain they requested SELECT because they just wanted to see what the different service levels were like, explaining they had 2 uberX's earlier in the evening (that were fine, but one driver didn't speak English well) and that they had even tried to order a BLACK car but none was available. Nice chat about the different service options, where they're applying to colleges, etc... drop one off after another. Really nice kids - wet behind the ears, but nice, not snotty. About 15 min and 6 miles total. $35 fare.

3. 1AM I'm out much later than usual... but was thinking of going to get a drink somewhere and I get a ping from a local pub. Arrive to pick-up three loud late 20 something guys. I expect the worst as 2 of the three snuff out cigarettes before getting in the car. I start the trip and there's no destination in the app. One guy tells me we're just going about a mile away (I'm familiar with the residential destination) and asks if we can stop at the gas station next door. No problem. 5 minutes later they're each loading 12 packs of beer in to the trunk (and surprisingly NOT trying to pop one open and drink in the car... that earns my respect - NOW I like these guys!). We joke and kid the 3 minutes to their place. As they're unloading the beer from my trunk EACH ONE OF THEM reaches in to their pockets and pulls out and hands me a couple of bucks and says 'thanks'. I've never seen that before - EVER. 10 minute, $6 fare - and $7 in tips.

Closed out the night by sipping on a very light gin & tonic (tall - watered down) and people watching at a nice place near my home. I ignore several pings (after ping, after ping, after ping) from requests 10 to 15 minutes away. Acceptance rate be damned, I'm not driving that far away to haul drunks 2 miles home. Sure enough, 2AM I get a ping right from my location - and it's the three prettiest young lady's in the place. 5 minutes, a couple of miles, a lot of laughs. No tip. But a nice ride, and I'm home asleep in bed before 3A.

Nice Friday evening!

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
Makes you think if the dude had his way with her after hah? Now imagine this thinking you were going to get laid and he opened the door. ;)

Me, I was done by 7pm.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'd have left when she wouldn't get in the car. If I had been silly enough to put her in my car once she got out at an intersection I'd have called the cops for a person walking around the road drunk endangering themselves and others. I'd have probably hovered around to make sure she didn't die but I'm not going to end up on the news as the Uber driver who dragged some woman obviously against her will into his ride. When your that drunk memories change in the morning. Who knows what she remembers about you in the day light? I hope you're not silly enough to be doing all of this without a dash camera at the very least. If you are and your in the habit of thinking its your place to guide drunk women back into your car when they plainly want to leave you're eventually going to end up sitting in a cell.

·
Registered
175 Posts
f
I am writing this on almost no sleep, I figured I better get it all out of the way before I forget. Last night was weird, man. No surges until 1:20AM. Normally half my weekend trips are surges, I figured yesterday all the drivers thought because of the holiday they would be making stacks.

Yesterday I get my first surge at 1.5x at balboa island, assuming a quick trip I have no problem with this. I pick up PAX from pier and she kindly sits in front seat and explains her friend had an injury, she assured me he " wasn't bleeding." I said whatever, let's go, bars are getting out. It was a quick, seven minute trip, which ended up being a 25 minute trip after I didn't have the balls to say no to ****ing Jack In the Box.

Fast forward to 2AM, Uber is going crazy like always and LYFT is at 100% prime. I get a ping on LYFT from a stunning babe just up the road. I pull up to the bar and she is no where to be found. After 14 minutes on the phone with her, I figured out she was in the back entrance. On the phone she was saying things like " please hurry, some guys are trying to put me in their car," and "please please please get me out of here." After 15 minutes I finally find her, I walk up and tap her on the shoulder, she casually says " hold on" as she gives this guy her number (who was taking her friend home?) She said he was an Uber but he was driving a coupe from the 90's, very, a sketchy situation. Anyways, I had my own problem to deal with, I know I've been running up a tab on this drunk girls LYFT ride, so I promptly tried to get her in the car to get her home safely.

She kept rambling about how she is a surgeon and how she has to stay at the bar parking lot just in case someone needed emergency help ( she clearly wasn't, not even 21) Keep in mind, she can BARELY stand, she fell over three times. I finally get her to my Prius, at this point I felt like I was doing something wrong, even though I knew I couldn't leave her there in that parking lot and I was her only hope of getting her home safely, it still felt wrong.

She tried two times to kiss me, after ten minutes of meeting, she would just look into my eyes and then close her and go for the kiss, I'd pull away and then she'd get pissed? Anyways, it took me twenty ****ing minutes to get her in my car, I had to agree to hook up with her when we got back her to her apartment, just to get her in the car.

Fast forward nine miles, I get off the 405 and we are driving under a bridge in Irvine, when I stop at a light she literally opens my car door and starts walking away... Barely able to stand, in heels, middle of no where at 3am. It's not been a ****ing hour... I ended the trip and I was thinking you know what, **** it. I watched her walk about 100ft and fall onto the freeway exit ramp, literally asking someone to hit her. I couldn't just leave her there, I couldn't live with myself.

I finally get her to her apartment, in which she has NO idea which ****ing unit she lives in, after 25 minutes of searching, she's finally back safe... she doesn't have her keys, so she knocks on the door and sure enough this random dude who took her friend back was there, she looked surprised, I left.

$40 LYFT trip before their cut, and no tip, turns out the ****er WAS bleeding, so now I have blood and god knows what other fluids in my car...

freaks come out at night. charge cleaning fee

·
Registered
315 Posts

What. The. F&@$. I am utterly flabbergasted. That broad wouldn't have even made it past the two minute mark on the phone with me. I can't even...I don't...what?! You lured this drunken nightmare into your car...why?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
#UberBabysitter.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Great point! Uber needs to cut off a rider's ability to rate driver's by 11 p.m. The % of obnoxious drunk pax is way too high for those trips to be rated.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts

this why I hate Friday and Saturday night

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts

I have a rule cancel after five minutes I'm not going to look from them

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
uhmm...I started at 3:30 am when you guys stopped and drove people to the airport, then I drove people to football, then brunch. One guy didn't shave, and a girl had messy hair. I almost canceled on the guy that didn't shave but at 2.7 surge I took a chance. Me...livin' on the wild side

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
uhmm...I started at 3:30 when you guys stopped and drove people to the airport, then I drove people to football, then brunch. One guy didn't shave, and a girl had messy hair. I almost canceled on the guy that didn't shave but at 2.7 surge I took a chance. Me...livin' on the wild side
that how you do it airport runs you don't have to drive drunks around most market surge after 4am Saturday and Sunday morning cause people need to get to the airport and most of the drivers have gone home for night

1 - 17 of 17 Posts