Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here comes the first round of this. We knew after the tragic incident in SC that this would happen. Ole JC Mayor wants his city to be the first to require illuminated Uber/Lyft signs operating IN JERSEY CITY.

I get it, youre the Mayor, but you dont give a shit about all the other towns and the safety of their citizens? This smells all too political. Acting like the first reporter on the scene of an accident. Not cool. This is, sadly, ENTIRELY about irresponsible individuals, nothing more.

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
"Fulop says that fines could be up to $2,000 per infraction. He says that the ride-share companies would be responsible for footing the cost of the illuminated signs. "

As soon as you leave city limits, state troopers and town cops will give tickets for having illuminated sings in your window.

They need to be geofenced signs.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$2k per infraction?! Yup punish the ones who did nothing wrong. Good ole Jersey makin its money anyway it can think of.

We should all e-mail JC Hizonor and tell him a thing or two. And then Trenton because you know that's comin' next.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This is complete and utter bull crap .... EVERY DAY Uber/Lyft Drivers get stabbed, robbed, shot and killed among other things as well and nobody ever does anything about it.... now this girl goes getting herself in the wrong car and let herself get into a state of drunkenness and everybody is up ready to pass stupid rules and laws..... I feel bad for how it ended for this girl but she put herself into that situation....
The phone already shows model and color of vehicle, photo of driver and number of license plate..... on the other hand we sometimes don’t get to see the photo of passenger, sometimes the photo they upload is a cartoon instead of the actual passenger, then sometimes we don’t even get their real name, they use a made up word or initials and no one talks about that.... no one talks about the dangers every driver is expose to every single time we go pick up somebody..... passengers have it easy, who will fight for us?

·
Premium Member
11,692 Posts
Well, here comes the first round of this. We knew after the tragic incident in SC that this would happen. Ole JC Mayor wants his city to be the first to require illuminated Uber/Lyft signs operating IN JERSEY CITY.

I get it, youre the Mayor, but you dont give a shit about all the other towns and the safety of their citizens? This smells all too political. Acting like the first reporter on the scene of an accident. Not cool. This is, sadly, ENTIRELY about irresponsible individuals, nothing more.
3695 prohibits any municipality in NJ from making any ordinances regarding TNCs.

It's political posturing.

·
Premium Member
11,692 Posts
Yes! The predators who pretend to be Uber drivers will have those signs while legitimate drivers won't have them because they don't have enough trips to be eligible for it
If you read the article, you'd know he wants it to be for any and all drivers working for the TNCs that want to pick up in JC. And, as I pointed out, it's not something he can do, even if every member of the JC council agreed. 3695 prohibits such municipal ordinances.

Political posturing and nothing more.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I would like to see Folsop put up a big ass illuminated sign in JC saying "you are entering the Greenville section of Jersey City, Uber drivers should leave immediately as your life is in danger picking up in this unpoliced hell hole".

·
Registered
814 Posts

I'm sorry but signs look dumb. And please any Rapist can go online and buy a million lift signs or Uber stickers come on. The message that will send to drunk girls is if the car has a sign you are good to go!!! Disregard the make ,color, plate, etc... if you order a lift a there is a car nearby with a sign, that's your ride, cause you live in such a bubble that you think that only you! Use this service. Rapists get your signs now before they become hot cakes and they pass this dumb law. Just saying?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.