Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I am an exception, or if something is going on with the overall application. Money appears 2 - 5 days after I ask for instant pay. What about you others?

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is embarrassing, but by and large you guys have been my mentors and my friends as I tried to learn a trade that was very different from anything I had ever done before...
So I owe you, even if I come off looking stupid.

2 weeks before Christmas I was driving my Mom, who is 90 years old and has advanced Alzheimer's, to Seaside Park in Bridgeport to feed the seagulls.... if we had anything leftover on the way out we would feed the Canadian geese. I had some carrots for the Bpt PD police horses they keep there, and I always try to spend some time with them. So I was driving past the Trumbull Town Hall when I got a call from the Peoples United Bank that some ******* had just tried to buy $100 worth of sex toys someplace in Europe. The caller claimed to be a member of the anti- fraud dept and said that my debit card was being disabled IMMEDIATELY.

Luckily for me there is a branch of Peoples United bank just across from the Trumbull Town Hall. It was Saturday 11am. The branch was still open. I drove in, secured my Mom in the car, and went into the bank.

They were very gracious, listened to my story, gave me a new debit card on the spot, and told me that in 2 weeks I would get a new card, with the same new acct number and the same pin, but it would be personalized with my name and be a chip card. Cool!
Mom and I went to feed the horses and the birds, and when we got back to her home I sent UBER my new info.

It worked fine for a week. Then I got my new chip version in the mail and all of a sudden "instant transfers" did not work. I did get my money, but it took 2-4 days.

Yesterday I contacted Uber and basically said "what the ****"... Uber sent me back an email saying that the fraud dept of the bank was preventing the money transfers. I printed out the e-mail; and today I went to People's Bank, and after a bit of back and forth we determined that the problem was that my new permanent debit card had a different security code and a different termination date than did the temporary card, even though they shared the exact same account number.

Those differences made Instant Pay impossible.

I went back home and went into my driver's app and made the changes.... and now, everything is GOOD!

I hope my misadventure spares some-one else the same pain....

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
They might just have a thing against temp cards without names.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had issue when I was taking money every couple days. According to my bank (PNC) Visa limits number of instant pays -- something like 10 per month

1 - 9 of 9 Posts