Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
The first from a car maker that knows how to build expensive cars. It's only £80k
Tesla model 3 when it arrives sometime late 2019/20 will be around £35k, not the same category but alot cheaper with all the tech.

LHR will have 200 Ipace to ferry passengers

·
Registered
2,498 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
I read the LHR placed an order for 200 I-pace to transport pax, they will have their own charging points and waiting place. It's the start of a new way of airport transfer, bad news for Lux and exec drivers.

Edit with the link: http://www.futuretravelexperience.com/2018/05/heathrow-jaguar-i-pace-electric-vehicle-fleet/
LHR didn't make an order.

We Know London did.

Somebody told me WKL are linked to Claremont Executive but I don't know if its correct.

The first from a car maker that knows how to build expensive cars. It's only £80k
Tesla model 3 when it arrives sometime late 2019/20 will be around £35k, not the same category but alot cheaper with all the tech.

LHR will have 200 Ipace to ferry passengers
The I Pace starts as £63k, before government Grants.

The Model 3 will not start at £35k.

The typical price of a new Model 3 in the US is closer to $45/50k.

As the basic spec entry level one has not materialised.

And the iPace isn't a competitor for the Model 3 its a Model X competitor, though in some ways the abilities overlap with the Model S.

Either way Jaguar know more about building quality cars than Tesla. Hence why Teslas have long standing issues with build quality, luckily for Tesla most owners are "fanboys" and overlook these things because they worship Elon Musk.

And when the Warranty is up and a door handle costs £1000 to change (they break a lot) and electric motors get noisy and need replaced (currently all motors are under Warranty) will they still be Fanboys?

Probably because they probably Lease their Tesla.

Would I buy a Tesla?

No.

Would I lease one?

Potentially, but not likely.

I would be more likely to buy an iPace, or the rumoured all electric XJ.

Though Merc has their first proper EV (unlike the B250e compliance car made in partnership with Tesla) in the EQC being shown in September for 2019 Delivery.

The EQC is similar in size to the GLC. There is also an EQA and EQS in the pipeline.

Tesla are going to lose more and more EV market share.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts