Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving for a little over a month. I live over by Hodges so generally I try to stay in my area. I work maybe 3 days during school hours just to pay for my sons daycare. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to how it is here at night during the week. I’m wondering if it is worth while for me to log in about 9 pm during the week?

· Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I have been driving for a little over a month. I live over by Hodges so generally I try to stay in my area. I work maybe 3 days during school hours just to pay for my sons daycare. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to how it is here at night during the week. I'm wondering if it is worth while for me to log in about 9 pm during the week?
You'll do better posting this in the Jacksonville drivers forum.

https://uberpeople.net/forums/Jacksonville/

· Registered
683 Posts
It’s terrible. Don’t do it. Also, 9pm until when?

If you are a young attractive female, you need to be pretty street smart/assertive to drive at night. You are going to hear some lewd, horrible things, as 80% of pax will be men and many will be intoxicated. At least twice a night I hear, “How much money you trying to make tonight? I’ll give you that much cash to come ‘hang out’.” Gross.

If you give off the slightest hint of passiveness with some pax, they will walk all over you. It’s totally different at night. Especially during weeknights.

· Registered
683 Posts
Just try it out and see....IF you feel comfortable with being out at night. Make sure you know which areas to avoid.

Are you okay with picking up people who are wasted? Are you okay with strippers, pimps and drug dealers? Don’t get me wrong—A majority of pax will be honest, good people getting off from a night shift job, when the buses stop running...but there will be plenty of the above types.

Just stick with days. Get a super early start. I can’t give away my strategies, but it sounds like nights will not be a good fit for you. It’s very hard to care for kids at 7am when you’ve been up all night driving. I would also not recommend it to most females.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.