Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The amount of jobs I did today that were for £5 drove me mad... By the time Uber take their cut it really is peanuts you're left with. I had a charming Brazilian lady in the car who asked me how much Uber took... When I told her it was 20% she was horrified! Mind you, she still didn't tip me :)

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
Minicabbing is minicabbing.

At least you don't have to drive the kind of mileages that warrant a minimum fare at many PH firms.

Don't forget that lots of Taxi fares only go £5 or £6.

You need to factor in the reduction of dead miles and number of fares done.

If you stay local you can hit small job after small job and easily make more profit than a PH driver doing a longer run away from the middle.

As most Taxi drivers will tell you you only earn with somebody in the back.

Of course the rates should be put back to the original rates and they should get rid of surge.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a salution for X Partners....Dont pick any job without surge and on normal fare job just call the riders just after the request and ask them where they are going. If the drop off is not good for you than request the riders to cancel by theirselves. By doing that your acceptance rate will be the same and so far Uber doesn't mind if rider cancel it.

I always do this when I am close to the end of my shift and it works very well. BTW my acceptance rate is not less than 90%.

I am Exec "Partner" and I think our rates are still ok not great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts