Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See at least I try to make it fun for everyone in my car. Uber can be stressful so I try to be the best host I can be for my pax.
You can't after driving 10 hours a day to make decent money for the week, Uber can have all the drivers they want but they need to set a 7-8 hour goal for everyone to let the rest get some and not drive in a bad mood.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
What's crazy is you could be a hero and somehow save a girls life in Uber, take a bullet for her and she could thank you profusely and not give a tip. But then she'll tip her hairdresser or the bouncer. Uber somehow made people think a tip Doesn't exist in rideshare.
Don't get me started. Ive had some of my best rides ever (entertainment, conversation, talking shit about bad pax)the past few weeks and no tip. Im starting to think people arent carrying cash really because that is the only logical explanation.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
What's crazy is you could be a hero and somehow save a girls life in Uber, take a bullet for her and she could thank you profusely and not give a tip. But then she'll tip her hairdresser or the bouncer. Uber somehow made people think a tip Doesn't exist in rideshare.
Heroes don't get paid, unless you're a hired Hero... and last I checked, Uber Driver does not fit that job description.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
No Steph. They carry cash because they are going to bars and tipping.
They can tip thru the CC, ApplePay, GooglePay, payPal, etc. Tips are hard to get if you don't carry a square reader nowadays.
Pax. -"Sorry I wish I can give you a tip but I don't carry cash".
Driver. -"No problem, I do carry a square reader for my phone..."
Pax. -" :eek: ".

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
They can tip thru the CC, ApplePay, GooglePay, payPal, etc. Tips are hard to get if you don't carry a square reader nowadays.
Pax. -"Sorry I wish I can give you a tip but I don't carry cash".
Driver. -"No problem, I do carry a square reader for my phone..."
Pax. -" :eek: ".
I carry a square card reader and not one person has mentioned it

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I carry a square card reader and not one person has mentioned it
Since I got the reader my tips have tripled, last week I made almost $40.00 bucks on the reader and about $ 15 in cash. On Lyft is steady at about 40% of the rides. I do still offer pax, for the longer trips, water, candy/mints, and for the ladies a piece of chocolate. Just 1 $ 5.00 tip will buy a 36 pack at Sam's and still have cash leftover. Plus I drink about half of the water bottles. :D

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Since I got the reader my tips have tripled, last week I made almost $40.00 bucks on the reader and about $ 15 in cash. On Lyft is steady at about 40% of the rides. I do still offer pax, for the longer trips, water, candy/mints, and for the ladies a piece of chocolate. Just 1 $ 5.00 tip will buy a 36 pack at Sam's and still have cash leftover. Plus I drink about half of the water bottles. :D
Well the card reader is small plus I drive nights. Nobody sees it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I just plug it in when they need to pay. I also drive nights on Fri. and Sat. and still get a few tips. I try to hang around the strip clubs, most guys always had a few singles left over and usually they give me a few.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts