Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad but true, yesterday I was talking to the guys that fill up my cab and wash it, five of them got fired, they have been laying a few people off for the past few months, ( they're Ethiopian). I asked them what are they going to do and they said UBER, couple of them were already doing it, in a way uber is winning, but the more drivers out there, we all loose. I think they were making minimum wage, so uber is going to be good for them.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yeah yeah, what else is new? We already have plenty of disgruntled cab drivers on Uber so what's a few cab washers? Big deal. Why don't you share something useful for a change.
Impossible, he offers nothing. Even though rides are down at taxi companies, overall fares remain high due to last rate hike before rideshare.
Why don't you protest and show solidarity with your fellow brother workers?
Naw, only in it for yourself Mr Elite Taxi Driver
HA!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Impossible, he offers nothing. Even though rides are down at taxi companies, overall fares remain high due to last rate hike before rideshare.
Why don't you protest and show solidarity with your fellow brother workers?
Naw, only in it for yourself Mr Elite Taxi Driver
HA!!
I already started, I have been working 3 days only per week, for 3 weeks now, I'm not going to last long doing this, I got something else going, and it's not driving, I was just saying that the driving business is taking a crap, I mean, everyone wants to do uber now, have at it, drive happy Steve, no hard feelings, I wasn't going to last long doing this.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Sad but true, yesterday I was talking to the guys that fill up my cab and wash it, five of them got fired, they have been laying a few people off for the past few months, ( they're Ethiopian). I asked them what are they going to do and they said UBER, couple of them were already doing it, in a way uber is winning, but the more drivers out there, we all loose. I think they were making minimum wage, so uber is going to be good for them.
I hear ycs also fired a supervisor and one front office.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ycs also fired a supervisor and one front office.
People are quitting, when is slow they don't have enough drivers, but they don't have enough cabs when it's busy, people work part time now, you can show up on your day off and they give you a taxi, all you have to do is work a minimum of three hours, like I said before, companies don't care about us, hopefully my business adventure goes as planned.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
People are quitting, when is slow they don't have enough drivers, but they don't have enough cabs when it's busy, people work part time now, you can show up on your day off and they give you a taxi, all you have to do is work a minimum of three hours, like I said before, companies don't care about us, hopefully my business adventure goes as planned.
I for one am not happy that cab drivers are becoming Uber drivers. We look bad enough without them making us look worse.
Best of luck on your business venture (or adventure)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I already started, I have been working 3 days only per week, for 3 weeks now, I'm not going to last long doing this, I got something else going, and it's not driving, I was just saying that the driving business is taking a crap, I mean, everyone wants to do uber now, have at it, drive happy Steve, no hard feelings, I wasn't going to last long doing this.
I'll only be happy when you no longer have a need to come to this forum and look for sympathy in 1 post then tell us how we get no tips and how you laugh and so happy we take the cheapos out of the cab line.
I guess it's true about karma, enjoy your new "career". You won't be missed

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll only be happy when you no longer have a need to come to this forum and look for sympathy in 1 post then tell us how we get no tips and how you laugh and so happy we take the cheapos out of the cab line.
I guess it's true about karma, enjoy your new "career". You won't be missed
Why is it so hard for you to accept the truth, you dream about me, you will be the one missing me the most, maybe if you put some make up you'll be passable. Lol.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What company do you drive for?
I've been with ycs for a little over two years now, they are very good company now, if you do your job, they leave you alone, for example, if the average is 300, you have to book 255 or more, (15% break). It's very easy, I just got tired of the traffic, I'll be there for a few more months while I get things going, I sometimes think about doing uber but the idea of people not tipping me bothers me, but maybe just to try it I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've been with ycs for a little over two years now, they are very good company now, if you do your job, they leave you alone, for example, if the average is 300, you have to book 255 or more, (15% break). It's very easy, I just got tired of the traffic, I'll be there for a few more months while I get things going, I sometimes think about doing uber but the idea of people not tipping me bothers me, but maybe just to try it I'll give it a shot.
You're not cut out for uber, that says a lot about you. Plus you're scared coz you rely on others to keep you afloat.
Funny you call 36 hours a "cut back" lmao

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Everybody (will) gets fired at taxi companies, it's how they keep from giving employees benefits. This is the new America, a lot like the old America.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Things change, we have some Hispanics at the bio dpt,, they clean the taxi when people vomit, or any other liquid in the cab.
For the most part fuel pump guys have been there for years. Mostly Mexican, and mostly felons.

You're not cut out for uber, that says a lot about you. Plus you're scared coz you rely on others to keep you afloat.
His posts would indicate obvious bi-polar tendencies.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You mean if you steal for them they leave you alone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.