1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Im only 37

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I had a college student request a ride from 30 minutes away and she actually criticized me for "bad service" for not coming to drive her a few miles away. It's as if they can't place themselves in our shoes and think that MAYBE it's not worthwhile to be driving at a net loss after gas. Where is the empathy for others? I completely agree with how you feel about most millenials - and that's coming from someone who could be considered one (was born in 1981)! I think the majority of this blame is the smartphone revolution. Nowadays, all you see are kids glued to their screens and there is just about an app for everything you could possibly want. This puts these millenials in a position where they can have pretty much anything they want, whenever they want. The result - overentitled, selfish behavior. What we have now is a generation of people who are mentally maturing at a much later age than it used to be.

·
Premium Member
8,128 Posts
... And I'm feeling fine! I haven't had one person drag their dirty feet over my sills, slam my doors, treat me like I'm not even in the car, or make me feel like I'm worth $5 an hour.
hmmm... you must be doing something wrong.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had a college student request a ride from 30 minutes away and she actually criticized me for "bad service" for not coming to drive her a few miles away. It's as if they can't place themselves in our shoes and think that MAYBE it's not worthwhile to be driving at a net loss after gas. Where is the empathy for others? I completely agree with how you feel about most millenials - and that's coming from someone who could be considered one (was born in 1981)! I think the majority of this blame is the smartphone revolution. Nowadays, all you see are kids glued to their screens and there is just about an app for everything you could possibly want. This puts these millenials in a position where they can have pretty much anything they want, whenever they want. The result - overentitled, selfish behavior. What we have now is a generation of people who are mentally maturing at a much later age than it used to be.
you are a good person. If I get even a slight vibe of negativity towards me. I stop the vehicle and throw them the heck out of my car and cancel the ride. One time I threw the group of college students out because they thought a $5 ride comes with limo-type service. He asked me for a cord to play music.
I said: I dont have one
He said: That sucks. It will affect your rating.
I slam the breaks in the middle of the road: You have 3 seconds to getta **** out of my vehicle.
He says: I will report to uber.
I say: 1 second.
They slam the door.

:p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey, another Utahn! :)

I stopped caring about ratings as long as they don't reach deactivation point. If a lose a few points here and there because I explain to a pax how badly our fares get cut, I consider that worth it. They were obviously listening well enough if they complain about 'attitude', and who knows what future impact that could have by sticking around in their skull?

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
you are a good person. If I get even a slight vibe of negativity towards me. I stop the vehicle and throw them the heck out of my car and cancel the ride. One time I threw the group of college students out because they thought a $5 ride comes with limo-type service. He asked me for a cord to play music.
I slam the breaks in the middle of the road: You have 3 seconds to getta **** out of my vehicle.
They slam the door.

ANYTIME my rating is threatened I will kick them out. It has happened twice. If you're going to give me a crappy rating anyway I'm gonna earn it.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
They slam the door.

POST # 12/Danz Haagen: HO HO!
D.H. your assigned
Student, should you choose NOT TO
lose your mind is GuidoLand, who
hails from Palo Alto and suffered a
series of Self-Misadventures also, cur-
iously enough, detailed here, in "Stories".
I'll find the link :

..............https://uberpeople.net/posts/550747

I'll leave the Fee Negotiation up to You.
He's a glutton for punishment and
feeding reinforcement to The Entitled
like it's his life's calling and pleased as
punch with himself!

·
Registered
295 Posts
NEVER accept a ride request more than 10 min away. You lose money, your rating will go down, you will not get a tip, and your putting more dead miles on you ride. After over 1200 rides, I have never had a good ride from driving over 10 min to pick up a rider. With the lower rates, too many drivers, ect, I pass on rides more than 5 min away, this gives more opportunities for the new drivers to learn about how great driving for uber is and how much money they can make (sarcasm). When ever I do get one of these type pax, and the destination is around the university, as soon as they are out, trip over, GO OFFLINE, drive away, do not park, keep going....till you are a safe distance from these profit sucking paxs.
Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
NEVER accept a ride request more than 10 min away. You lose money, your rating will go down, you will not get a tip, and your putting more dead miles on you ride. After over 1200 rides, I have never had a good ride from driving over 10 min to pick up a rider. With the lower rates, too many drivers, ect, I pass on rides more than 5 min away, this gives more opportunities for the new drivers to learn about how great driving for uber is and how much money they can make (sarcasm). When ever I do get one of these type pax, and the destination is around the university, as soon as they are out, trip over, GO OFFLINE, drive away, do not park, keep going....till you are a safe distance from these profit sucking paxs.
Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.
Thank you for the advice, but I actually didn't pick her up. That'd be crazy and desperate if I did. I used to call the pax and ask them to cancel so that my acceptance rate wouldn't take a hit and I'd still qualify for Lyft's bonus. Ever since Lyft changed their bonus structure, I don't even bother with far ride requests anymore. I just let it count down to zero.

I'll admit that I go as far as screening passengers that don't look like they'll tip. Anybody that looks under the age of 25 with a ride of less than $6 (especially those that even mention a coupon for free rides or goes through a drive-thru) automatically gets a 3 star so I don't see them ever again. These are the kinds of pax that NEVER tip - guaranteed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts