Uber Drivers Forum banner

It's been fun

949 views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Jdemonto 
Why the &%$@!* is he doing rideshare?
I started RS because I was laid off from my full time job due to my company being acquired. I was making very good money. However, it has taken me 6 months to find a job that pays close to what I was making before. You go 6 months without a job, have a mortgage, boat, two cars and you are paying for your kids college education, you are scrambling to find something where you can work as many hours as you can to help pay the bills and keep your credit from tanking. I can bet there are many others on here with the same story. Fortunately, next Monday 9/18 I will be back in the corporate saddle making close to what I was making before. Will only do RS til my first paycheck comes in. Maybe here and there to keep my account active.

All that means nothing to me as I have not had a job in over 14 years that paid vacation.

I take time off and enjoy life. Make money, enjoy life, rinse and repeat!
My point was to help you understand why people that have had a real job that paid vacation, benefits, 401K, etc might be doing RS. Do you have a wife and kids? Do you have a mortgage? If not, Uber may work for you just fine. People get excited on here with $1500/week. If I settled on that I would have to sell both my house and boat. So it's all relative it guess.

"benefits and stability arent everything" Different priorities. I do rideshare part time on top of full time to ensure that I walk away from the working life in 10 years at the age of 57. Then perhaps go back to work part time, on top of retirement pay. if i was in your position, I wouldve murdered some passengers already, meaning i could not deal with the some of the bs that you put up with full time with no end. or maybe you do..
You do what ya gotta do to pay the bills, right?
I have kids and wife. We all have bills, so depends on how much those bills are. I'm just fine clearing $4k+ month after expenses. When I have a busier month I can work more hours and make more money. A slower month I'll cut back.
You are correct, it's all relative. I am happy this is working out for you the way you want it to. For others, not so much. I envy your financial freedom my friend. Hats off to you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.