Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been no new news articles or information regarding the official re-opening.

Governor Baker in February announced that it'll fully re-open in May (2018, I assume).

No more recent info is available according to my simple Google search, and hasn't been in the recent months I've searched.

Today I just called MassDot. Was bounced around by a few operators, then directed to a phone line with voicemail. Didn't bother leaving a message.

You'd think the local news would have some mention as to why it'll likely be completed beyond May...

· Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL MASSDOT
theses companies are milking the system and Mass just lets it happen and then wonder why all these projects go double over budget.

the corruption in this state is ridiculous and is built on nepotism and payoffs
Where are these investigative journalist to address this delay?

Not many left, as I just heard the Globe has a new round of layoffs this weekend.

· Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who knows?

its tough times to be in the newspaper biz, go digital or die
Possibly more stability and possibly higher income as an Uber driver in a major city than a traditional reporter.

In a perfect world, Syracuse's and BU's journalism schools should reduce tuition as a result...but who knows, my young male pax freelancing at the Boston Globe is soon moving to L.A. to cover the crime beat at the Los Angeles Times.

· Registered
1,382 Posts
from what I heard they are still mired in a debate over the number of bicycle lanes they are gogin to put on it. the locals want 2 lanes or a full lane or something like that

Reactions: tohunt4me

· Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to add to the confusion or frustration, but I had read back in the February announcement that it'll re-open in May but not fully until sometime in August. But most articles just mentioned May and nothing about August.

Whatever... it's actually been a relatively small inconvenience as a night driver than first imagined.

· Premium Member
75,017 Posts
There have been no new news articles or information regarding the official re-opening.

Governor Baker in February announced that it'll fully re-open in May (2018, I assume).

No more recent info is available according to my simple Google search, and hasn't been in the recent months I've searched.

Today I just called MassDot. Was bounced around by a few operators, then directed to a phone line with voicemail. Didn't bother leaving a message.

You'd think the local news would have some mention as to why it'll likely be completed beyond May...
Yes.
And we Already have a Tropical Depression heading this way down in New Orleans.
Not Even June.

Going to be a Long hurricane season . . . .

Dont know which is worse
. snow or Hurricanes . . .

Soon it will be 95 ° every day
With monsoons.

LOL MASSDOT
theses companies are milking the system and Mass just lets it happen and then wonder why all these projects go double over budget.

the corruption in this state is ridiculous and is built on nepotism and payoffs
Are any Americans working ?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.