Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Judging by how people still go about their everyday lives like still going to sporting events, I'd say yea, we are definitely next. I'm surprised we're not learning from Italy. It's better to be proactive. We can't wait until the virus has already spread widely before implementing containment measures.

Italy is learning from China that draconian containment measures do work. US is next. Be prepared for a month of sick leave and netflix.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Judging by how people still go about their everyday lives like still going to sporting events, I'd say yea, we are definitely next. I'm surprised we're not learning from Italy. It's better to be proactive. We can't wait until the virus has already spread widely before implementing containment measures.

Italy is learning from China that draconian containment measures do work. US is next. Be prepared for a month of sick leave and netflix.
Few times being a communist country helps...
If you go against what they say, they will slap you, beat you, slave you, rape you, and kill you.
So more than likely the citizens would stfu and do as they are told.

In America, and other free countries we are bound to have people who go against a federal order of being on quarantine since the punishment is a mere misdemeanor.
We wiill have some sort of lockdown sooner or later until the world decides there isnt anything we can do anymore but just live and deal with it.

Once again thank u china for this wonderful cheap virus.
🧟‍♂🧟‍♂🧟‍♂

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I’m guessing no one here has ever been to Italy. They have a pretty shitty infrastructure and health care system thanks that that little stint of fascism. No mention of the mortality rate of Korea tho? Since it’s .007%. STOP FEAR MONGERING. The CDC won’t even let 3rd parties develop test kits because.... all of a sudden you would have way more people infected but those people wouldn’t be dying at an elevated rate so the mortality rate would drop and all of a sudden it becomes...JUST LIKE FLU. You guys are literally feeding into the, “give the government all my liberties because I don’t know how math works” .

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
As I said weeks ago its all about your ACE 2 levels and health of lungs and blood pressure with transports the oxygen from the lungs.

Lot of Italians and french smoke like trains .....Tres chic........ ..

I expect France will soon blossom but that by early May we will coming out of the initial infection period.

Probably we will have "Covid season",,,,,,, Look for internal border control by feds when the next outbreak comes and they have things

sorted out.

Dr. Yuhong Dong of Beijing University asks, "How could this novel virus be so intelligent as to mutate precisely at selected sites while preserving its binding affinity to the human ACE2 receptor? How did the virus change just four amino acids of the S-protein? Did the virus know how to use Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR) to make sure this would happen?"

A study by researchers at the University of Texas at Austin also found the novel coronavirus and SARS share the same functional host-cell receptor, called angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2). They warn, "The deadly new coronavirus is up to 20 times more likely to bind to human cell receptors and cause infection than severe acute respiratory syndrome."

The report, published on the website bioRxiv, said the new coronavirus "had around 10 to 20-fold higher affinity - the degree to which a substance tends to combine with another - for human ACE2 compared with SARS." The researchers added that further studies were needed to explore the human host-cell receptor's role in helping the new virus to spread from person to person.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm guessing no one here has ever been to Italy. They have a pretty shitty infrastructure and health care system thanks that that little stint of fascism. No mention of the mortality rate of Korea tho? Since it's .007%. STOP FEAR MONGERING. The CDC won't even let 3rd parties develop test kits because.... all of a sudden you would have way more people infected but those people wouldn't be dying at an elevated rate so the mortality rate would drop and all of a sudden it becomes...JUST LIKE FLU. You guys are literally feeding into the, "give the government all my liberties because I don't know how math works" .
Italy is no Germany or Switzerland, that's for sure. But it's not some third world country either.
Those cases you're talking about in South Korea, only 166 have recovered, 53 have died. The other 7,000+ are all still infected so the outcome is unknown. The cases which had an outcome (outside of China who's clearly lying about the real numbers) have a staggeringly high fatality rate. In Italy 724 have recovered, 463 have died, leaving another ~8,000 active cases where the outcome hasn't been determined.

It's not fear mongering, it's stating facts. Sorry that the facts are scary but that's the reality of it.

·
Banned
890 Posts
I'm guessing no one here has ever been to Italy. They have a pretty shitty infrastructure and health care system thanks that that little stint of fascism. No mention of the mortality rate of Korea tho? Since it's .007%. STOP FEAR MONGERING. The CDC won't even let 3rd parties develop test kits because.... all of a sudden you would have way more people infected but those people wouldn't be dying at an elevated rate so the mortality rate would drop and all of a sudden it becomes...JUST LIKE FLU. You guys are literally feeding into the, "give the government all my liberties because I don't know how math works" .
The government also will never tell u we are assed out...yall talk like the ones who are dying were some zombies like we don't need them in this world anymore. They are someone's parents, grandparents, etc.
We have hundreds dying everyday.
Its a big issue.
If it wasn't for coronavirus who knows some could of lived 20-40 years more?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Italy is no Germany or Switzerland, that's for sure. But it's not some third world country either.
Those cases you're talking about in South Korea, only 166 have recovered, 53 have died. The other 7,000+ are all still infected so the outcome is unknown. The cases which had an outcome (outside of China who's clearly lying about the real numbers) have a staggeringly high fatality rate. In Italy 724 have recovered, 463 have died, leaving another ~8,000 active cases where the outcome hasn't been determined.

It's not fear mongering, it's stating facts. Sorry that the facts are scary but that's the reality of it.

36 of those 7000 cases are serious. The other 7000+ are mild. Again STOP FEAR MONGERING.

The government also will never tell u we are assed out...yall talk like the ones who are dying were some zombies like we don't need them in this world anymore. They are someone's parents, grandparents, etc.
We have hundreds dying everyday.
Its a big issue.
If it wasn't for coronavirus who knows some could of lived 20-40 years more?
16k plus people have died of the common flu ALREADY in the US. No one is discounting anyone's death but when you blindly parrot shit with out actually doing the math while at the same time not realizing your advocation for more government control over your life based solely on media influence you gotta take a step back and understand you don't understand a damn thing. Side note. The US does not have 100s dying every day, the world doesn't even have 100s dying everyday, there you go again being terrible at math while at the same time fear mongering.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
36 of those 7000 cases are serious. The other 7000+ are mild. Again STOP FEAR MONGERING.
There's no guarantee that mild symptoms stay that way. We don't really know until they have recovered or passed away. Even France who's world renowned for their great doctors has had 30 deaths and only 12 recovered. USA has had 15 recoveries and 27 deaths.

16k plus people have died of the common flu ALREADY in the US. No one is discounting anyone's death but when you blindly parrot shit with out actually doing the math while at the same time not realizing your advocation for more government control over your life based solely on media influence you gotta take a step back and understand you don't understand a damn thing. Side note. The US does not have 100s dying every day, the world doesn't even have 100s dying everyday, there you go again being terrible at math while at the same time fear mongering.
Maybe we should put you in charge of handling all the coronavirus cases in the world. While you're at it, maybe you can tell Italy to stop panicking and quarantining its entire population of 60 million. Or perhaps you're unfamiliar with the concept of exponential spreading. The flu has been around forever, this is l new virus that's only been around for a couple of months and there are no "coronavirus shots" like there are flu shots.

Does the flu shut down events and sports games? Does it stop people from traveling? Does it shut down schools for an entire month and make people work from home? Does it make the airlines lose 113 billion? Does it make economies tank and the Dow lose 2,000 points in one day (worst one day drop in history)? Does it put an entire nation of 60 million people on lockdown? Which one of those boxes does it check?

It's hilarious that you think you're smarter than all the government officials, scientists, and doctors. Thank God you're not in charge or we'd all have it by now.

·
Banned
890 Posts

Its just a flu thats why millions all over the world are in quarantine and millions of students are not going to school for a month and a half.

Whatever is happening here rn and whatever will happen here already happened in other countries.
Most of the countries did and said the samething.

Im sure there were millions of people who said it wasnt anything serious in Italy last week. Look at them now.

Keep saying it aint nothing...

By any chance, are u chinese?

There's no guarantee that mild symptoms stay that way. We don't really know until they have recovered or passed away. Even France who's world renowned for their great doctors has had 30 deaths and only 12 recovered. USA has had 15 recoveries and 27 deaths.

Maybe we should put you in charge of handling all the coronavirus cases in the world. While you're at it, maybe you can tell Italy to stop panicking and quarantining its entire population of 60 million. Or perhaps you're unfamiliar with the concept of exponential spreading. The flu has been around forever, this is l new virus that's only been around for a couple of months and there are no "coronavirus shots" like there are flu shots.

Does the flu shut down events and sports games? Does it stop people from traveling? Does it shut down schools for an entire month and make people work from home? Does it make the airlines lose 113 billion? Does it make economies tank and the Dow lose 2,000 points in one day (worst one day drop in history)? Does it put an entire nation of 60 million people on lockdown? Which one of those boxes does it check?

It's hilarious that you think you're smarter than all the government officials, scientists, and doctors. Thank God you're not in charge or we'd all have it by now.
I think he also believes in
Microphone Hearing Sleeve Coat Audio equipment

🤷‍♂

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its just a flu thats why millions all over the world are in quarantine and millions of students are not going to school for a month and a half.

Whatever is happening here rn and whatever will happen here already happened in other countries.
Most of the countries did and said the samething.

Im sure there were millions of people who said it wasnt anything serious in Italy last week. Look at them now.

Keep saying it aint nothing...

By any chance, are u chinese?

I think he also believes in
View attachment 427216
🤷‍♂
The only place where I read these type of comments in on UP, everywhere else you look people are worried and taking it very seriously. You'll never hear someone say "it's just a flu, we'll be fine." Makes me wonder what the average IQ around here is.

But it's pretty telling that all the people who I previously thought were smart are the ones taking precautions and planning ahead while the slow ones are just blind to the facts. This is them.

Cloud Cartoon Mode of transport Art Font

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts

the compromised die early ........meh ..... so the numbers are thus invalidated....you all don't know spit,

I have survived a week-long coma, separately a clinical death.

In 2008 I diagnosed my own cancer when 3 times Drs said I had bronchitis then phenomena.

death is mostly an agreement you enter into.....

and again if you smoked long term. did crack, lived with a smoker, are obese, drank to excess you have already agreed to forfeit your life early,,,,so go away and STFU.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the compromised die early ........meh ..... so the numbers are thus invalidated....you all don't know spit,

I have survived a week-long coma, separately a clinical death.

In 2008 I diagnosed my own cancer when 3 times Drs said I had bronchitis then phenomena.

death is mostly an agreement you enter into.....

and again if you smoked long term. did crack, lived with a smoker, are obese, drank to excess you have already agreed to forfeit your life early,,,,so go away and STFU.
I don't know how many times I have to reiterate that it's NOT ME who I'm worried about. There are some really selfish people on this forum. No fvcks given if someone elderly or sick who's dear to you gets this virus? Ok then.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.