Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight was nuts. First I had a request from West Belfort to Rosenberg at 1 am. Then my next rider gets slapped in the face by some guy who follows him into my car. I'd swear it was a full moon tonight.

My next and last rider opens the door while I'm driving down Main and vomits for like 4 full minutes. He did get vomit on the bottom panel of my door on the inside and on the outside. It wasn't a huge mess, but I had to end my night nonetheless due to the mess and odor. I submitted a "cleaning fee" request to Uber. Anyone had any experience with this? Not sure what to expect from them.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Oh MY!! chelomarie I am sorry to hear about that. Personally I would have taken pics of the vomit and submitted them along with the cleaning request.
I carry these for the pukers and they work great.

Search for : Blue Emesis - Vomit Bag "Dynarex 1000ml Qty of 12 from Dynarex" on Amazon
See attached picture.

RC

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's exactly what I will get Richard! Thanks! Luckily, I carry small trash bags and that saved me from an even bigger mess. I did upload some pics to Uber Support, it appeared to be required. I was hoping he had managed to avoid getting any in my car at all since he was able to open the door first, but alas that was wishful thinking. But again, it was pretty minimal so I was lucky.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
That's exactly what I will get Richard! Thanks! Luckily, I carry small trash bags and that saved me from an even bigger mess. I did upload some pics to Uber Support, it appeared to be required. I was hoping he had managed to avoid getting any in my car at all since he was able to open the door first, but alas that was wishful thinking. But again, it was pretty minimal so I was lucky.
You will more than likely get $200 for a cleaning fee. (at least has been my luck).

It's a nice little bonus when the mess is not that bad like you described. Given, you cleaned it yourself. If not, expect a nice smell this morning when you open the door.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh how awful! So sorry that happened as it is a hassle nonetheless. I don't do nights anymore just to avoid the drunks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Uber contacted me stating I will receive a $50 fee. $200 would have been lovely, but given the minimal amount of mess I didn't expect it. Either way it cost me virtually nothing to clean, just some gloves, 409 and paper towels.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well at least it was something. Honestly it should be at least $200 to discourage that behavior. And wasn't your car in motion when the pax opened the door? The possible damage that could have caused just ticks me off. Pax are so inconsiderate sometimes.

And this has me convinced to post some type of signage in my car about ratings as it relates to tips, cleaning fee and please respect the drivers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well at least it was something. Honestly it should be at least $200 to discourage that behavior. And wasn't your car in motion when the pax opened the door? The possible damage that could have caused just ticks me off. Pax are so inconsiderate sometimes.

And this has me convinced to post some type of signage in my car about ratings as it relates to tips, cleaning fee and please respect the drivers.
I agree, I think a higher minimum fee would be a better discouragement. And not only could he have caused damage to my car by opening the door while I was driving, he could have been seriously injured or killed. Meanwhile, his friend is telling me 'just keep driving'. I was like 'no way, are you crazy!? I'm pulling over, I'm not going to drive with a guy hanging out of my open door, puking.'

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

I've though about little brochures to put in the seat pocket on the back of the front seats, but decided, nah, it's probably a lot of work for a little return.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I agree, I think a higher minimum fee would be a better discouragement. And not only could he have caused damage to my car by opening the door while I was driving, he could have been seriously injured or killed. Meanwhile, his friend is telling me 'just keep driving'. I was like 'no way, are you crazy!? I'm pulling over, I'm not going to drive with a guy hanging out of my open door, puking.'
Besides, if a cop saw you tooling down the street with your rear door open and someone's head sticking outside the car, that's gonna bring the flashing lights.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've though about little brochures to put in the seat pocket on the back of the front seats, but decided, nah, it's probably a lot of work for a little return.
Yes good idea but it would be another expense.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd sell ad space on them. :)
Anything we gotta do to earn a buck! Lol. Thought about making a small basket with gum, mints etc with cute girly decor and collecting a "donation". Lol. Kinda like the attendants in fancy bathrooms...or busy nightclubs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anything we gotta do to earn a buck! Lol. Thought about making a small basket with gum, mints etc with cute girly decor and collecting a "donation". Lol. Kinda like the attendants in fancy bathrooms...or busy nightclubs.
Lol seriously, we gotta hustle out there!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts