Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have known.

It was a USC pickup at night. Strike 1.

One of the girls that was being herded towards my car look like she was infected with a zombie bite, she did not look well. Strike 2.

She burped, and was keeled over as soon as she entered the car, there was a brief moment my car could have been spared, but she puked a little in the front seat, I told her to open the door, to which she responded by cracking it open wide enough so that only a premature chihuahua could fit through, then she let loose. Some got near the door handle, a lot was along the side of the car where she could not be bothered to open the door and lean out farther.

I went straight home after, and started cleaning, but not before taking shots and reporting it for a cleaning fee. Needless to say I'm done for the night.

But now I realize not to ever go near USC again at night time, some of those kids don't know how to hold their liquor.

Incidentally, this is only the second time I've ever seen this, and the first time the guy riding with me asked me to pull over (because you know, people know if they are about to keel over and hurl typically) I did, and he let it all loose outside near a bush. Not a spec on my car. After that he began walking down the street, I asked if he wanted me to drop him off all the way? (it was only a few blocks longer) but he said no, that he was embarrassed and ashamed.

The guy was so ****ing considerate in the circumstance, looking out for other peoples property, it actually made me think better of him. This other one, she starts puking in the seat like it's her personal toilet. She said sorry, but sorry does not clean my car. I don't even know if she was the one who requested the ride, I think her friend did, and now she will be on the hook for what her toasted friend did, though I assume she will pay her back. Anyway. BE on your guard near USC, shitty low distance fairs, and likely a higher % of people who will throw up due to not knowing their limits.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats, you've joined the club !
Oh Joy for me. Incidentally, I came out ahead, got a 200 dollar cleaning fee. I spent less total time and money on gas for the night as a bonus. The part that sucked of course was cleaning up the car, but that took less than an hour.

I think we now know how to make uber actually profitable for ones time, have more people hurl in your car...

dear god, PLEASE SURGE MORE SO I DON'T have to rely on this to increase my earnings !

I got a 4.33 rating for the week (usually around 4.8 average) so they must have rated me lowly for taking a financial hit, who knows. I did the same for having someone throw up in my car.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
You have no one to blame but yourself. You signed up for this and used your personal vehicle as a taxi. Sadly throwing up is just the beginning. Do this long enough and you'll see things that will endanger your life. Be safe out there!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I completed one Uber ride last week and of course it had to be a vomitter.
Luckily, I have heavy duty plastic bags in all passenger compartments, so there was no mess to clean up.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Oh Joy for me. Incidentally, I came out ahead, got a 200 dollar cleaning fee. I spent less total time and money on gas for the night as a bonus. The part that sucked of course was cleaning up the car, but that took less than an hour.

I think we now know how to make uber actually profitable for ones time, have more people hurl in your car...

dear god, PLEASE SURGE MORE SO I DON'T have to rely on this to increase my earnings !

I got a 4.33 rating for the week (usually around 4.8 average) so they must have rated me lowly for taking a financial hit, who knows. I did the same for having someone throw up in my car.
Did you show them any receipts?
Did they ask you to show a proof of paymemt?
They asked me that. But i knew what to do

·
Registered
378 Posts
I should have known.

It was a USC pickup at night. Strike 1.

One of the girls that was being herded towards my car look like she was infected with a zombie bite, she did not look well. Strike 2.

She burped, and was keeled over as soon as she entered the car, there was a brief moment my car could have been spared, but she puked a little in the front seat, I told her to open the door, to which she responded by cracking it open wide enough so that only a premature chihuahua could fit through, then she let loose. Some got near the door handle, a lot was along the side of the car where she could not be bothered to open the door and lean out farther.

I went straight home after, and started cleaning, but not before taking shots and reporting it for a cleaning fee. Needless to say I'm done for the night.

But now I realize not to ever go near USC again at night time, some of those kids don't know how to hold their liquor.

Incidentally, this is only the second time I've ever seen this, and the first time the guy riding with me asked me to pull over (because you know, people know if they are about to keel over and hurl typically) I did, and he let it all loose outside near a bush. Not a spec on my car. After that he began walking down the street, I asked if he wanted me to drop him off all the way? (it was only a few blocks longer) but he said no, that he was embarrassed and ashamed.

The guy was so ****ing considerate in the circumstance, looking out for other peoples property, it actually made me think better of him. This other one, she starts puking in the seat like it's her personal toilet. She said sorry, but sorry does not clean my car. I don't even know if she was the one who requested the ride, I think her friend did, and now she will be on the hook for what her toasted friend did, though I assume she will pay her back. Anyway. BE on your guard near USC, shitty low distance fairs, and likely a higher % of people who will throw up due to not knowing their limits.
I have barf bags. You can get them in Amazon. If someone looks green on the gills, I immediately hand them the bag and order a friend to keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I used to supply 13 gallon trash bags to my would be vomiters. The few that had to chuck in the car used them. One guy nearly filled one up. 13 f'ing gallons - almost. I made him put his head in the bag. "Put your f'ing head in the f'ing bag!" That's what I always politely told my heavers. That way they wouldn't miss. And they never did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts