Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
I'm in, but how about this:

Someone develop a simple app called "UberOff" that gives notifications to local drivers to go offline and 'stop rides'.

If the app got enough users we might just make an impact against this low pay.

The problem is always the ants. I can't wait to post that I've found new work.

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
I'm in, but how about this:

Someone develop a simple app called "UberOff" that gives notifications to local drivers to go offline and 'stop rides'.

If the app got enough users we might just make an impact against this low pay.

The problem is always the ants. I can't wait to post that I've found new work.
I think #UberOff movement.

I think here in SF it can make an impact.

Someone would have to create flyers and we can start at the airport lot

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m just a part time driver (ant) but I’ll #uberoff at a specific day/time to help the cause. What we need to succeed:
1) Specific time and day that would be most impactful.
2) Plan it several weeks in advance to get the word spread.
3) We need at least 3 cities involved to scare Uber to actually change.
4) We need to inform the press ahead of time so they can follow the story.
5) we need to spread the #uberoff slogan and date/time to other drivers past these forums

6) Also need specific obtainable goals or benchmarks that need to be met to keep drivers from repeating the #uberoff every week at that time.

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
I personally don't think this market is terrible compared to others.

I just think it's going to get worse. Uber has not done one thing to help the drivers.

The only thing we all liked 6 destinations they took away.

I think this is a great short term gig. Long term people are going to be in trouble.

I'm just a part time driver (ant) but I'll #uberoff at a specific day/time to help the cause. What we need to succeed:
1) Specific time and day that would be most impactful.
2) Plan it several weeks in advance to get the word spread.
3) We need at least 3 cities involved to scare Uber to actually change.
4) We need to inform the press ahead of time so they can follow the story.
5) we need to spread the #uberoff slogan and date/time to other drivers past these forums

6) Also need specific obtainable goals or benchmarks that need to be met to keep drivers from repeating the #uberoff every week at that time.
I don't agree with 3 cities. San Francisco is a powerful market. Uber is based here

Imagine if you actually got people to do it how it would impact Silicon Valley and SF business travelers

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Cute idea. Reminds me of going to Dodgers games in LA. The crowd starts to do the wave. People who don't care about baseball (Dodger fans) get all excited about standing up with their hands raised, then sitting right back down. Meanwhile, the game continues uninterrupted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I personally don't think this market is terrible compared to others.

I just think it's going to get worse. Uber has not done one thing to help the drivers.

The only thing we all liked 6 destinations they took away.

I think this is a great short term gig. Long term people are going to be in trouble.

I don't agree with 3 cities. San Francisco is a powerful market. Uber is based here

Imagine if you actually got people to do it how it would impact Silicon Valley and SF business travelers
Yes it could hurt them but if the drivers are going to actually have any power at the bargaining table they need to threaten the global hold Uber has. If 3 cities are involved then Uber has to stop the bleeding before their name is mud and drivers hate them around the world,

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Here’re some examples how uber steals money VS LYFT.

About a 1.5 years ago Uber crammed a new idea about its upfront price, then if you guys still remember we could not start working (go online) until we click agreed with their new policy.

What I’m trying to say through these screenshots? So, you can calculate and figure out how much makes uber vs driver.

1. $24.77/$57.58= 43%
2. $14.89/$58.88= 25% (OK)
3. $26.58/$108.69=25% (OK) LYFT

Attachments

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
If you think it is bad right now, making $20/hr, just wait until winter, you will be making less than min wage.
And it will get worse and worse every year.
I saw this coming long time ago, last time I drove for uber was new year's eve.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
664 Posts
If we do that and Uber knows the date of the protest they will give drivers high boost and streak bonuses that day and also let it surge to get the ants not to go.

If you think it is bad right now, making $20/hr, just wait until winter, you will be making less than min wage.
And it will get worse and worse every year.
I saw this coming long time ago, last time I drove for uber was new year's eve. View attachment 242813
I bet your driving for lyft

·
Registered
637 Posts
If we do that and Uber knows the date of the protest they will give drivers high boost and streak bonuses that day and also let it surge to get the ants not to go.
Yep, they'll turn on the surge and laugh as the apps come on.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts