Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems every night now, I'm getting high beamed, flashlighted, cut off or blocked in by these ****s. Anyone else having issues with taxi drivers. Today one tried to blatantly block me in, so much so my pax (some 6 ft plus 250 lbs) gets out an ask the taxi guy if there was a problem. It was funny as hell to see the look on that guys face.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I haven't had this problem in LA. I did spend the past month and a half working in SF and I definitely noticed a difference. They honked a lot, "pushed" me from behind to move through busy intersections, flashed lights...

They were pissed.

Good luck to us all.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
If you get to close to them or get in their way they do that but I don't really blame them I don't pickup at "hotspots" happened once or twice in over a year

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you get to close to them or get in their way they do that but I don't really blame them I don't pickup at "hotspots" happened once or twice in over a year
Well the one today, no other cars around d and I was picking up a group that had one wheel chair. I should have taken a photo to show just how ****ed this guy was.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ay bro my uncle is a taxi driver, you know what he tells me, they get mad that we take pax to lax for 80cents or 30$. They take pax to lax 60$ or more on every trip to LAx. He just wants the pricing to be fair so they won't get crushed. His right in a way men. We shouldn't have to take pax to lax for 80cent with high gas prices r u fkn kidding me. And no tip loool.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ay bro my uncle is a taxi driver, you know what he tells me, they get mad that we take pax to lax for 80cents or 30$. They take pax to lax 60$ or more on every trip to LAx. He just wants the pricing to be fair so they won't get crushed. His right in a way men. We shouldn't have to take pax to lax for 80cent with high gas prices r u fkn kidding me. And no tip loool.
Unless the taxi guy is a mind reader how does he know the fare?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I haven't had this problem in LA. I did spend the past month and a half working in SF and I definitely noticed a difference. They honked a lot, "pushed" me from behind to move through busy intersections, flashed lights...

They were pissed.

Good luck to us all.
They should be pissed. It reminds me of the American workers having to compete with third world workers with no rights and working for basically nothing. That's why you need laws and regulations to make it more fair.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It seems every night now, I'm getting high beamed, flashlighted, cut off or blocked in by these ****s. Anyone else having issues with taxi drivers. Today one tried to blatantly block me in, so much so my pax (some 6 ft plus 250 lbs) gets out an ask the taxi guy if there was a problem. It was funny as hell to see the look on that guys face.
I drive Taxi. I get cut off all the time at LAX. By other Taxi's.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
keep you "U" trade dress down, unless going to airport. i just give them a dirty look back.

·
Registered
439 Posts
happens all the time, gotta drive a little aggressive at LAX.
I think a little aggressive is all right. . What I was referring to was some of these Taxi guys drive the airport like a obstacle course. It's not just the drivers from the other companies. Even the buddy from my company I just talked to in the holding lot a few minutes ago is inside the airport cutting me off to get too the same terminal first.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That doesn't give them the right to act in an abusive or threatening manner towards Uber or Lyft drivers.

·
Registered
303 Posts
They should be pissed. It reminds me of the American workers having to compete with third world workers with no rights and working for basically nothing. That's why you need laws and regulations to make it more fair.
In your scenario, who are the Americans and who are the "third world workers with no rights"?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Unless the taxi guy is a mind reader how does he know the fare?
When A Taxi driver sitting at a hotel stand. See's a Lyft/Uber driver with trade dress pick up a passenger from the hotel with luggage they assume it's BUX or LAX.

They know what the fare is. They sit right there and see the passenger looking at there phone and BINGO, Arrived. Load Luggage off they go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts