Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! Im trying to decide if its worth becoming an uber driver. Im willing to work 30-38 hours a week and i know ill make more if i drive friday/saturday nights. Could you let me know your approximate net income. Id also be hiring a car. Looking at paying avout 175 a week for the car. I live in Toowong btw.

·
Registered
320 Posts
hey guys! Im trying to decide if its worth becoming an uber driver. Im willing to work 30-38 hours a week and i know ill make more if i drive friday/saturday nights. Could you let me know your approximate net income. Id also be hiring a car. Looking at paying avout 175 a week for the car. I live in Toowong btw.
Finally, I can get the answer! Do Toowong's make a right?

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
No. It isn't. The main thing to keep in mind is that the management is now actively trying to minimize driver pay as much as possible. It used to be that drivers got 70-80% of the fare. Now it is becoming routine to only get 45-53% of the fare.

The way they treat drivers is for the most part like we are basically disposible garbage. If something happens the attitude increasingly seems to be "Oh well. Screw you, driver! We got a dozen more to replace you so we don't care."

And don't forget that they openly want to replace us with driverless vehicles.

Honestly if at all possible do something else. Definitely do not do this full time or count on it in the long term.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nope. This is a temporary gig for a slight bit of extra income while you work your main full time job or are on a job hunt.

No offense to anyone doing this full time for a living. Maybe they can chime in, they're probably better at working it than I am. I couldn't live off of Uber.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
No. It isn't. The main thing to keep in mind is that the management is now actively trying to minimize driver pay as much as possible. It used to be that drivers got 70-80% of the fare. Now it is becoming routine to only get 45-53% of the fare.

The way they treat drivers is for the most part like we are basically disposible garbage. If something happens the attitude increasingly seems to be "Oh well. Screw you, driver! We got a dozen more to replace you so we don't care."

And don't forget that they openly want to replace us with driverless vehicles.

Honestly if at all possible do something else. Definitely do not do this full time or count on it in the long term.
Don't listen to that guy. He is sugar coating it. The truth is much worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.