Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I agree with everyone here, these Uber people are total butt holes. I think, but I'm not sure, who is about this shady company, that they are giving the drivers with the 25% rates special preference over the ones with the 20% rate to push the older drivers off the platform. My time online has skyrocketed this last month with the $ made staying basically the same. It's taking alot longer online to make the same $. And, I think they have locked me at no more than 50 bucks a day, tops. Right now I'm sitting at 40 with last trip at least 1 hour and 20 minutes ago.

So, I ask you guys, time online total versus $ made the last month. Lets compare.

Hours 36 $301
Hours 31 $299
Hours 32 $310
Hours 36 $324

I just applied at Manpower today. I've had enough of these clowns.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Those are pretty close numbers. Not sure I would blame the 20-25% difference but it makes sense they would prefer giving 25% drivers more rides.
I've known they have always limited the amount of money one could make when their hourly guarantees are in effect so all drivers could potentially meet the target. I tend to do longer rides and would hit their guarantees usually in 1-2 rides then sit around for another hour before being allowed to take another.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
You sound like an Uber rep. While I do not have "proof" I have gleaned more than enough information to determine that what I have said is absolutely 100% true. (Almost all the "Uber bad" stories like GPS tracking all the time, etc are not backed up by concrete evidence. You will need to access their code to determine the truth.)

For instance, Uber would offer $22 an hour guarantees here from 9-12am. I would pick someone up in the suburbs and take them downtown. Nice $18-22 ride for me. Then I would receive a ride downtown that is usually the minimum. Now, I have made over $22 in less than 30 minutes. I am in the highest rider area and should receive a ride within minutes or back to back. Yet, the app is quiet until the next hour rolls around. This happened to me dozens of times and the only logical explanation is that Uber is limiting the number of rides a driver can get during guarantee hours. Why? To make sure all the drivers can hit their guarantees. Do you really think Uber would let a driver continue making money after they have already hit the guarantee and another driver hasn't?
Least that how it appears to work in my city.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My driving experience is nothing like that. Look at my posts and tell me again I sound like an uber rep. Whenever guarantees are offered I've always exceeded the amount not needing the guarantee. If you say something with no proof in regards to a business with so many variables, I will definitely call attention to it. Uber has always catered to the rider not the driver and their rate cuts and rates themselves are horrible. I am not as obtuse as you. When I don't like someone's practices I don't frivolously accuse them of other things that are perhaps due to chance.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
WHERE ARE THEY HIRING DRIVERS? Also, is CDL. required? I don't have one. I have strong work ethic; but, I can not stand for extended periods nor walk long distances. Therefore, no pizza delivery: I can not run or walk fast nor climb stairs; but, can manage a hand truck or small rolling cart; and, can manage an elevator.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My time online is getting progressively worse, so I know now it's a purge thing going on of the 20% of drivers and Flubber maximizing their profits with the 25% drivers. It's kind of obvious. And then a month later they raised the rates to 28% for UberSELECT and UberXL. They never hit at one time and space it out by a month. If anything these guys are very calculating and pretty ruthless.

On a lighter note, my interview today went very well. I'll find out either tomorrow or Monday on whether I got the job, but things look great. I was hands down the best person he interviewed the guy told me. Very easy job 24-32 hours a week at $11.00 an hour. I can cut the driving down to 15-20 hours a week and I'll fill the weekends with something else if I can find another part-time gig. I want Uber out of my life. Too cold and nasty of a company.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
My time online is getting progressively worse, so I know now it's a purge thing going on of the 20% of drivers and Flubber maximizing their profits with the 25% drivers. It's kind of obvious. And then a month later they raised the rates to 28% for UberSELECT and UberXL. They never hit at one time and space it out by a month. If anything these guys are very calculating and pretty ruthless.

On a lighter note, my interview today went very well. I'll find out either tomorrow or Monday on whether I got the job, but things look great. I was hands down the best person he interviewed the guy told me. Very easy job 24-32 hours a week at $11.00 an hour. I can cut the driving down to 15-20 hours a week and I'll fill the weekends with something else if I can find another part-time gig. I want Uber out of my life. Too cold and nasty of a company.
11 bucks an hour for 32 hours a week? SMH, I've made my suggestions yet no one listens. Starting at 14 an hour benefits would probably start as early as January. Almost guaranteed 40 plus hours of week and you don't even work 40 plus hours a week. Yeah I tell myself I need and should be looking for something better but for what I do to make my money I'll stick with it for now.

·
Premium Member
65,778 Posts
I agree with everyone here, these Uber people are total butt holes. I think, but I'm not sure, who is about this shady company, that they are giving the drivers with the 25% rates special preference over the ones with the 20% rate to push the older drivers off the platform. My time online has skyrocketed this last month with the $ made staying basically the same. It's taking alot longer online to make the same $. And, I think they have locked me at no more than 50 bucks a day, tops. Right now I'm sitting at 40 with last trip at least 1 hour and 20 minutes ago.

So, I ask you guys, time online total versus $ made the last month. Lets compare.

Hours 36 $301
Hours 31 $299
Hours 32 $310
Hours 36 $324

I got into Halliburton and Schlumberger via manpower in the past.

Check around for other contract employers also.

Many pay a lot more.

Manpower does offer stock purchase option @ 15% discount.

I have gotten $25.00 hr. Construction,electrical,pipefitting jobs with additional tax free cash per diem of up to $70.00 a day through other contract agencies.

Manpower works quality companies and temp. Positions often become permanent,but they don't pay much.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
I got into Halliburton and Schlumberger via manpower in the past.

Check around for other contract employers also.

Many pay a lot more.

Manpower does offer stock purchase option @ 15% discount.
Pinellas county schools is in Desperation Mode for drivers and as long as your not a criminal have a clean driving history you'll get hired, but nope people have their excuses.

·
Premium Member
65,778 Posts

They are running commercials on FX network & ion network around the clock.

Non stop on boarding of drivers.

They are flooding the market.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Hours 36 $301
Hours 31 $299
Hours 32 $310
Hours 36 $324

Anything is possible when a mad scientist is in charge ...

·
Premium Member
65,778 Posts
Been looking Into road construction,plants,and hotel maintenance myself lately.

Soon as the weather cools more in a month or two . . . UBER WILL be part time only.

·
Premium Member
65,778 Posts
Pinellas county schools is in Desperation Mode for drivers and as long as your not a criminal have a clean driving history you'll get hired, but nope people have their excuses.
If you can run a car full of drunks,school bus isn't that bad.

Many school boards will hook you up with janitorial,or maintenance position in the hours between kid drop offs and pick ups.

2 salaries.3 month summer vacation.benefits.retirement.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Job is super-easy and only 6 minutes away from home. My last chance at having any kind of real life is a patent I'm creating in probably November. I need my think time to create it. I utilize a graphic artist in Bulgaria of all places. 2000 for this project to him that would cost 12,000 here. I will then do a provisional patent, extra cost 260.00, website and another 500 in 50,000 bots. Yes, did you ever wonder how people on Facebook or Twitter get 50,000 friends? They pay for them. Pretty ridiculous, but that's the game. 100 for 10,000 Facebook friends, 80 for 10,000 Twitter friends. Then the project goes on Indiegogo and GoFundMe at the same time, with a letter arriving at the LA Times the day after the intro of this patent. Why the LA Times? You'll get it when u see it. I will post it here right after both have gone up on both websites so you guys can see what it is. It's my last chance simply because these projects cost too much to create, and if the project fails, I'm done. I'll be retiring in Belize most likely some years down the road, but gave it all I had, which is all you can really do.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
If you can run a car full of drunks,school bus isn't that bad.

Many school boards will hook you up with janitorial,or maintenance position in the hours between kid drop offs and pick ups.

2 salaries.3 month summer vacation.benefits.retirement.
No they ain't got the budget for that down here. Summer time is about the worst time of the year for us, unless you have at best 5-6 year under your belt, but during the school year it really is a good set up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts