Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serious answers only please. I'm just not understanding how a company can be this incompetent. The guarantees keep getting messed up. I still having been paid my guarantees from last week either. I've never even heard of anything this bad. This is fast food getting your order wrong level of messing up. It's got to be intentional, right?

·
Registered
255 Posts
lack of accountability = profit when you are a huge corporation like uber. Uber is great at dangling the carrot on a stick, letting it rot for the people who helped them get established. Then they remake the carrot again, only to do the same. Rinse and repeat. Each time the carrot shrinks.

Make no mistake, uber has lawyers constantly making all the information so that its hard to hold them accountable. Its the new american way. Paying slave wages is only illegal if you arent a 1099. Try and change it, uber will lobby against it. No one notices because we only read the title and not the fine print. Same goes for every large company in america. Food companies will lobby to lower health standards and requirements. Car companies lobby against safety regulations. It goes on and on. Only now, its easier. All you need is enough money to lobby what you want to change in terms of law. American standards are being sold to the highest bidders.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lack of accountability = profit when you are a huge corporation like uber. Uber is great at dangling the carrot on a stick, letting it rot for the people who helped them get established. Then they remake the carrot again, only to do the same. Rinse and repeat. Each time the carrot shrinks.

Make no mistake, uber has lawyers constantly making all the information so that its hard to hold them accountable. Its the new american way. Paying slave wages is only illegal if you arent a 1099. Try and change it, uber will lobby against it. No one notices because we only read the title and not the fine print. Same goes for every large company in america. Food companies will lobby to lower health standards and requirements. Car companies lobby against safety regulations. It goes on and on. Only now, its easier. All you need is enough money to lobby what you want to change in terms of law. American standards are being sold to the highest bidders.
Solid answer. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts