Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rider flagged me for professionalism with a the subcategory of "comfort"

He asked to crank up the heat and I did but for whatever reason he felt like flagging that because in his little world that was probably a very big thing. Maybe he wanted ride credits after all i dropped him off at a probational bldg.

Another rider thought complaining they felt uncomfortable with a "Driving Maneuver" would grant them some type of credit. (I drive like grampa when I have riders) So uber reaches out to me when I'm comfortable in my couch and totally not thinking about my day of work or the people I pick up with a nasty gram saying that serious or repeated issues like this could get me deactivated.

Bearing in mind i retained my rate at 4.87~4.95 for over a year and 8k rides.
Now uber is being quick to threat or hint deactivation.

All after the latest data breach went public.

Could it be because they just lost $2 billion in the last quarter.

Because they can't retain riders amidst a year full of scandals.

Now it seems they will put the pressure on the drivers to save their butt.

·
Premium Member
70,520 Posts
Rider flagged me for professionalism with a the subcategory of "comfort"

He asked to crank up the heat and I did but for whatever reason he felt like flagging that because in his little world that was probably a very big thing. Maybe he wanted ride credits after all i dropped him off at a probational bldg.

Another rider thought complaining they felt uncomfortable with a "Driving Maneuver" would grant them some type of credit. (I drive like grampa when I have riders) So uber reaches out to me when I'm comfortable in my couch and totally not thinking about my day of work or the people I pick up with a nasty gram saying that serious or repeated issues like this could get me deactivated.

Bearing in mind i retained my rate at 4.87~4.95 for over a year and 8k rides.
Now uber is being quick to threat or hint deactivation.

All after the latest data breach went public.

Could it be because they just lost $2 billion in the last quarter.

Because they can't retain riders amidst a year full of scandals.

Now it seems they will put the pressure on the drivers to save their butt.
Seems like EVERY DRIVER who reaches 8,000 rides or more is deactivated or threatened.

Anyone else notice this trend ?

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
I only have a measly 6,300+ rides...but I also get the nasty grams.

·
Premium Member
70,520 Posts
Earlier today i read a post by a driver with 10,000 rides high rating recently booted from Uber.

It is a pattern.

Start paying attention.
You will see the pattern.

Uber purposely wants no Human Face associated with Uber.

They want ROBOTS.

THEY WANT PAX to view us as inconsequential.

Hell, i even know my garbage man and the mail lady.

Uber wants No human interaction !

After 10,000 rides
The cops know you.
The hotel bell boys know you.
The port police know you.
The taxi drivers know you.
The bartenders know you.
Everyone knows youre working and you hanging around isnt a bad thing.

Uber hates that.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Send them a warning that if they send you more scumbag riders you will have to place them on hold while you investigate if Uber got hacked, lied about it, sexually harrassed workers, lied about it, violated local, state and federal laws, lied about it, cut rates, lied about it and about 50 other things...they reward dishonesty not loyalty!

·
Premium Member
70,520 Posts
Send them a warning that if they send you more scumbag riders you will have to place them on hold while you investigate if Uber got hacked, lied about it, sexually harrassed workers, lied about it, violated local, state and federal laws, lied about it, cut rates, lied about it and about 50 other things...they reward dishonesty not loyalty!
You left out heavy corporate cocaine abuse.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Seems like EVERY DRIVER who reaches 8,000 rides or more is deactivated or threatened.

Now that you mentioned that, yeah.

Like, how does someone even get to 8K rides with a history of issues? They don't. Something is definitely up.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I always get a chuckle reading these types of posts. It is difficult to believe that drivers are genuinely surprised to hear they are somehow being "punished" by UBER for past behavior.

1. Yes, all your activity is being tracked. The past reports from pax were not communicated to you intentionally because the previous leadership at UBER did not care. The new leadership is looking to get rid of the lowest performing drivers and is covering themselves by basing it on actual complaints from pax (brilliant!!!!).
  2. The biggest laugh I get is from drivers complaining about low ride requests. Guess what….if you get a low rating from a pax, it is not communicated to you immediately. Similarly, if you have a low acceptance rate or high cancellation rate, you will be punished in the future (maybe weeks or months later). The punishment is very appropriate as it lowers the number of requests you receive.
Learn proper customer service, be thankful for the opportunity UBER gives you and you will thrive.

·
Premium Member
11,498 Posts

My theory is that it isn't the actual complaint that it is a collection of complaints over time and at a point they investigate.

One of my lux regulars that lives near me got deactivated as a rider recently. He doesn't tip, and takes 4-10 mins to come out sometimes but nothing alarming.

So after maybe a three or four dozen rides I got a lyft premier or lux request from his place and told me he got deactivated for making a driver feel uncomfortable.

He said he couldn't contact uber because they disabled his app so I gave him the phone number to call and eavesdropping and I guess he had several incidents over the past year basically the same complaint.

Of course denying all the complaints interrupted him and asked if he orders uber for other people and then asked if he could get the dates of all the incidents so he can investigate himself.

Not sure what happened since then it's been a few weeks since I gave him a ride will update if I can find this thread again lol

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always get a chuckle reading these types of posts. It is difficult to believe that drivers are genuinely surprised to hear they are somehow being "punished" by UBER for past behavior.

1. Yes, all your activity is being tracked. The past reports from pax were not communicated to you intentionally because the previous leadership at UBER did not care. The new leadership is looking to get rid of the lowest performing drivers and is covering themselves by basing it on actual complaints from pax (brilliant!!!!).
  2. The biggest laugh I get is from drivers complaining about low ride requests. Guess what….if you get a low rating from a pax, it is not communicated to you immediately. Similarly, if you have a low acceptance rate or high cancellation rate, you will be punished in the future (maybe weeks or months later). The punishment is very appropriate as it lowers the number of requests you receive.
Learn proper customer service, be thankful for the opportunity UBER gives you and you will thrive.
While you're entitled to your opinion can't say i agree. Even though i got this nasty grams I'm receiving requests like any other day. Low acceptance rate would affect incoming trips though.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts

Uber don't like cherry pickers and who complain a lot. It seems strange that all the drivers in my market with 6-7k rides are below 4.75. Maybe after that many rides drivers know all the ins and outs and the quality of service drops significantly.

The phone icon from my app strangely disappeared for a week after I called customer service to get two of the fares adjusted. The number was saved on my phone and still worked. But it was not there.

Font Line Parallel Electric blue Logo

One thing is certain, acceptance rates plays a big part on your earnings . I used to be above 70-80% rates. I used to get a lot of decent rides during bar close time. Now for the past 2-3 months all I get is high surge ride around 5-6 miles. It's no co incidence.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My theory is that it isn't the actual complaint that it is a collection of complaints over time and at a point they investigate.

One of my lux regulars that lives near me got deactivated as a rider recently. He doesn't tip, and takes 4-10 mins to come out sometimes but nothing alarming.

So after maybe a three or four dozen rides I got a lyft premier or lux request from his place and told me he got deactivated for making a driver feel uncomfortable.

He said he couldn't contact uber because they disabled his app so I gave him the phone number to call and eavesdropping and I guess he had several incidents over the past year basically the same complaint.

Of course denying all the complaints interrupted him and asked if he orders uber for other people and then asked if he could get the dates of all the incidents so he can investigate himself.

Not sure what happened since then it's been a few weeks since I gave him a ride will update if I can find this thread again lol
So a rider was deactivated?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uber is up to something...

Magically I go from 4.97 to 4.79 (bogus one star magically appears and desappears every 24 hours.)

Sudden threats to deactivation for stupid things.

They dug their own grave by sexually harassing their employees. Lieing in court on waymo trial and now the data breach which will make the company pay millions in damage and violations for omitting it.

They want to make the drivers work extra because they are sinking more every day.

Their shares won’t be worth half of what they expected in 2 years.

Uber will slowly fade. There's no more credibility for this company.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts

Your comment make me wanna puke ,

·
Registered
418 Posts
Earlier today i read a post by a driver with 10,000 rides high rating recently booted from Uber.

It is a pattern.

Start paying attention.
You will see the pattern.

Uber purposely wants no Human Face associated with Uber.

They want ROBOTS.

THEY WANT PAX to view us as inconsequential.

Hell, i even know my garbage man and the mail lady.

Uber wants No human interaction !

After 10,000 rides
The cops know you.
The hotel bell boys know you.
The port police know you.
The taxi drivers know you.
The bartenders know you.
Everyone knows youre working and you hanging around isnt a bad thing.

Uber hates that.
Also it's because newer drivers pay a higher commission. It's (Uber) going to be a bigger pyramid scam/scheme than Bernie Madoff or the old days of junk bonds with Mike Milken and Ivan Boesky.

·
Registered
489 Posts
One thing is certain, acceptance rates plays a big part on your earnings . I used to be above 70-80% rates. I used to get a lot of decent rides during bar close time. Now for the past 2-3 months all I get is high surge ride around 5-6 miles. It's no co incidence.
Do you have documentation of that happening due to low acceptance rate?

My acceptance rate was also decent until I was activated for UberEats recently. I talked to someone at the local Greenlight and asked them to remove me from eats, but apparently they never processed my request and 60% or more of my pings are cancelled because they're all eats. My acceptance rate fell from ~80% to the current ~27%, and it seems that they're throttling the runs I get as "punishment" for not taking eats. Unfortunately I don't have enough evidence to support that hypothesis, so I appear to be SOL.

This shit really pisses me off. If I refuse to transport a ****ing service animal, Uber will deactivate me permanently citing the ADA, but Uber has no qualms about discriminating against/penalizing a disabled veteran because she isn't able to climb stairs to deliver a latte to some ****ing millenial afraid to walk 2 blocks in the rain in Seattle. *sigh*

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.