Uber Drivers Forum banner

is uber down again

416 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  62354 
#1 ·
Sitting in this giant surge. No pings.

#2 ·
I guess upfront fares can be blamed. I went online for a few minutes abd got no pings, went offline again, not worthy. The other day was in the middle of a surge for over 20 minutes and no pings. Riders are used to paying less and when they see they're going to pay twice or thrice the price... Before they knew they would pay twice, but the final figure scares you when you see it. It may work for normal days, but not for stormy weather. They want to pay less, even in a storm. I think it's easier for you to accept you will pay twice the price than 30 dollars for a trip you normally pay 12.

#4 ·
Maybe both? Did restart the app. I didn't get a ping right away but got one after about 10 minutes. I'm used to the typical surge deterring pings but today was reaching 3.0 and for long periods of time which would assume people are still ordering I just wasn't getting lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.