Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
No reason you couldn’t get a ride to a gun store. Technically you can’t have a weapon when riding so round trip might be an issue if you have an uptight driver. Personally I wouldn’t have an issue driving someone round trip.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
No reason you couldn’t get a ride to a gun store. Technically you can’t have a weapon when riding so round trip might be an issue if you have an uptight driver. Personally I wouldn’t have an issue driving someone round trip.
Depends if they have the gun pointing at me during the trip…

I prefer not to give them a ride but I wouldn’t know until I pull up and see them coming from said store…

I would actually cancel…

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Round trip is stop
I cancel rides with stops
If it’s added after pax is in they better be out in 3 minutes
I screenshot the time on the stop and another 3 minutes later when I leave
What can you do at a gun store in under 3 minutes?
(I have waited for people who pass up a 20)

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Hi, is Uber allowed to take someone to the gun store ? And if they do can they do round trips to take them back home ? It's not giving me an option for round trip

If they can't, idk how I can get to one
Order an Uber to take you to the store. Do your business with the store. Order an Uber to come pick you up to take you home from the store.

·
Super Moderator
13,384 Posts
If you don't see any evidence of them having a gun when you pick them up, just take them to the store. When you drop them off remind them, when ordering an Uber to return home, no weapons are allowed in our vehicles. they might not even have a gun on them. There's lots of reasons to go to a gun store. It doesn't necessarily mean they have a gun on them. Chances are higher they have the firearm on them when you take them to the store versus them going in to purchase one.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
No driver wants to take you to the store then wait for you to go inside and do your business. So order another Uber when you leave the store. Why do people think drivers time is of so little importance that they want the drivers to sit and wait for them.
If the per minute rate was 50 cents I'd tell the gun shopper to take all the time he needs to ensure he's absolutely delighted with his purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Round trip is stop
I cancel rides with stops
If it’s added after pax is in they better be out in 3 minutes
I screenshot the time on the stop and another 3 minutes later when I leave
What can you do at a gun store in under 3 minutes?
(I have waited for people who pass up a 20)
I would like to amend my statement. I would be willing to wait for an additional cash consideration. I could use the time to do a little shopping of my own.

Reactions: BillC

·
Registered
66 Posts
Taking a pax to the gun store is ok. If there wait is more than 5 min on any platform then cancel and move on. I would believe a legitimate registered gun user would generally not be the threat, however, I mostly likely would not feel comfortable knowing some is sitting behind me with a weapon PERIOD!!

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Taking a pax to the gun store is ok. If there wait is more than 5 min on any platform then cancel and move on. I would believe a legitimate registered gun user would generally not be the threat, however, I mostly likely would not feel comfortable knowing some is sitting behind me with a weapon PERIOD!!
you only see the gun and not the big picture. There is no way that gun store is going to allow him to load that gun while in the store. So as long as that guy behind you is not loading his gun why you're going down the road there shouldn't be a problem.

The guy behind you should be worried about the guy in front of him whose gun is already loaded and safety is off.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts