Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although, I drive at least 3 or 4 Uber trips per Lyft trip because its the suburbs, I wish I could get more decent Lyft business out here in DuPage. In the last several weeks, Lyft has done the following:

- Integrated Google Maps into the app (no toggling between the two apps)
- Finally come clean with full fare details and breakdown
- Added saveable destinations to the Destination Mode for ease of use

What has Uber done for me? Blacked out Destination Filter for periods of time while I'm online. In the suburbs? Really? I'm using DF because I'm heading home. Does Uber prefer I just go offline and just use Lyft because that is the result. When I get that stupid message from Uber, I just immediately go offline.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Although, I drive at least 3 or 4 Uber trips per Lyft trip because its the suburbs, I wish I could get more decent Lyft business out here in DuPage. In the last several weeks, Lyft has done the following:

What has Uber done for me? Blacked out Destination Filter for periods of time while I'm online. In the suburbs? Really? I'm using DF because I'm heading home. Does Uber prefer I just go offline and just use Lyft because that is the result. When I get that stupid message from Uber, I just immediately go offline.
Uber is trying us to see how is the business whitout df..... they sure know you are going for lyft when you really need the df. The problem here is that once uber is going to take df out for good, lyft is going to follow soon enough. My take on this would be to use as much as you can lyft df so uber would figure out you need df.
I gave up on using uber's df, they better know at the end of the day I don't even try their df and I do lyft for that part..... why they know that? Because the computer knows by now my patterns and now I'm in dt and 45 min later I'm home. Since I always used df for that part they can figure out I went to lyft df.
For me, is about my business and until lyft is taking it out I would use it as much as possible.

·
Registered
607 Posts
From my experience I have a much higher chance of getting a DF trip on Lyft than a PT trip in 200%+ zone..
One day I had 3 airport rides for Lyft DF.
And as far as Uber DF, it works just as fine as before for me, haven't got that error message yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yesterday, picked up a guy from DT to Hinsdale at midnight. Uber didn't let me use DF to turn back to city, specifically to Lincoln Park . Turned on Lyft DF and banged. A ride to 5500 University ave. I know, it is totally opposite side of the city but still better than nothing. After arrived, another one to 1212 S Praire Ave. Then tried Uber's and I got back home. Lyft DF is always work for me. I mean at least get me close to my destination or somewhere where I can find a ride which will lead me to my destination. The trick is that Lyft is trying to find rides which are along Lyft's route which is shown on app. If you choose another route, maybe you will have to detour. On the other hand,IMHO, to get a ride on Lyft is depend on your acceptance rate unless you are the only one driver around. I was driving for Lyft more couple of weeks ago and I never had any problem to receive a ride anytime of the day anywhere in the city. *of course I was going for PDB so I was accepting all pings(over 95% AR). Whenever I become selective and not accepting all pings (now 20% AR), even in the middle of 300% surge, no ride for me :)

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
From my experience I have a much higher chance of getting a DF trip on Lyft than a PT trip in 200%+ zone..
One day I had 3 airport rides for Lyft DF.
And as far as Uber DF, it works just as fine as before for me, haven't got that error message yet.
I get the error message for Uber DF when I'm trying to get out of a high demand area. They want you trapped where the demand is to keep the surge down.

Uber disabled taking DF rides TO popular driver areas at the last Uber GM meeting like 6 months ago. I've found that I can skirt the rule by overshooting the destination. So when I want Loop rides during peak times, I feed in 1201 S Prairie Ave as my destination .... so 8 blocks south of the Loop. When I want to go to Ohare from the city, I feed in Elk Grove Village High School, and it usually just gives me an ORD ride.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Driving 18 months, not a single ping on Lyft DF.
I never ever had a problem in 18 months!

Edit, that's not true--I struggled with it for first few months.

there is a trick for Lyft and I ain't no Laker--not about to post it here.

see how is the business whitout df.....
I got it this time---as I sure as F hope you are wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts

In case you haven't figured it out, Lyft is now ripping off drivers with the "service charges" just like Uber did .

·
Banned
1,786 Posts

stop focusing on the BS and do the job

·
Registered
268 Posts
Uber’s DF to the north burbs usually gets me something to not ride totally empty.

Lyft’s DF saves me from driving empty from one end of Chicagoland to the other. At least it gets me closer to the middle.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Imo uber has been having massive problems with the app, which probably has something to do with converting markets with the new app. A problem I dont think drivers ever had a complaint about lol

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Uber is too busy trying to get into the bike and scooter business to give a shit about drivers. I don't know how they think they'll make money at that. They don't really care I think because they just want to go public and cash out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.