Uber Drivers Forum banner

Is this technically an example of "long hauling"?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is, it isn't a very good long haul.
That's why the word "technically" was included.

More like a driver who made a wrong turn or missed an off-ramp.
Aren't the good ones fairly subtle anyway? Anything that's explainable as a mistake is easier to defend against any allegation of intent.

·
Premium Member
12,004 Posts
What does Uber define as "Much Longer" ? Therein lays your answer.

Ok never mind.

20 miles and $18.27 no.

Reactions: UberSux25

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's why the word "technically" was included.

Aren't the good ones fairly subtle anyway? Anything that's explainable as a mistake is easier to defend against any allegation of intent.
That's savage yet clever. is it really worth it? i mean over a period of time, like would the extra few each time end up more than possibly missed tips?
Or I guess it would depend on your Charisma stat. And really hoping for tips seems like just hoping for random strangers to bestow charity upon the person delivering them somewhere else, and most people don't really have a downside for not tipping a driver they probably will never see again so the norm seems to just not tip and it's not something that can ever be counted on, it's something taxi drivers would do like, take longer routes to run up the meter for tourists I guess. I feel like the taxi drivers would still end up charging way more doing this sort of thing, but idk maybe I'm just ant but I kind of just want to get the person safely to the place and move on with my life and random shit happens often enough like traffic or road closures that I don't feel the need to really try this intentionally "accidentally" but I wish it were possible to do a comparison of the numbers over time of the two choices, with some way to control for the variables as best as possible.

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Is this technically an example of "long hauling"?
As the author of the #1 UPNet bestseller

Tie Smile Tableware Magnifier Poster

I'm the definitive expert in this area.

I'd need to see the map to determine whether it qualifies.

Here are a few of my favorites

Map World Organism Gesture Font
Map World Organism Font Line
World Map Organism Font Circle
World Map Font Line Screenshot
World Map Font Tree Technology
Sky World Gadget Font Line

Sometimes they're like a Rorschach test. I called this variation of route "The Big Dipper":

Ecoregion Map World Font Terrestrial plant
World Map Organism Tree Font

This one was affectionately known as "The Schvanschtucker":

Map World Lighting Tree Font

This one might actually be a federal crime because I egregiously crossed state lines (into Virginia) going from MD to D.C.

World Sky Slope Font Screenshot

They tipped so I think I'm ok.

Damn I miss the Surge Multiplier glitch.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd need to see the map to determine if it qualifies
But there must exist a working definition... something like:

Greater than 25% increase in distance or miles compared to shortest route
Here are a few of my favorites
Shape remind me of many of my NW>SW, SW>NW, routes "around" Atlanta. I don't consider them longhauls because they're the most efficient and timely routes at the moment they're calculated.

Longhauls seem to be all about one's intention to drag his feet, or rather, his odometer and just generally drive slower than necessary and longer, more circuitous routes and distances than necessary (decreased efficiency).

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Longhauls seem to be all about one's intention to drag his feet, or rather, his odometer and just generally drive slower than necessary and longer, more circuitous routes and distances than necessary (decreased efficiency).
Not slower. The time rate was usually not high enough to make it worthwhile. This is a rare one that I didn't mind sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic after a Redskins game:

Font Audio equipment Darkness Building Monochrome photography

You wanted the most amount of miles in the allotted time without changing what the rider paid. To be really beneficial you needed Multiplier Surge.

I have no idea if it'll do the same thing with Upfront Fares, especially on base rate.

• Love
Reactions: Amos69
1 - 20 of 33 Posts