Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I booked an Uber x car for myself to go to the airport. It showed up a ford galaxy at first attempt, driver arrived and I came out with two big suitcases and two small, he said that for the amount of my luggage I should have booked uber xl, anyway he's been rude, no time to waste on my side, I said to him to disappear from my sight (5 pound cancelation fee). The Driver after, with a prius didn't say anything and had a good fare plus 10 pounds tip. I can't still believe how idiot is been the first driver... What do You guys think about this?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
From my experience in PH, mpv always try it on when they get a saloon job with a bit of luggage. You probably would in their shoes....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This morning I booked an Uber x car for myself to go to the airport. It showed up a ford galaxy at first attempt, driver arrived and I came out with two big suitcases and two small, he said that for the amount of my luggage I should have booked uber xl, anyway he's been rude, no time to waste on my side, I said to him to disappear from my sight (5 pound cancelation fee). The Driver after, with a prius didn't say anything and had a good fare plus 10 pounds tip. I can't still believe how idiot is been the first driver... What do You guys think about this?
I'm waiting ill be bach(elor) to correct is been on one of my sentences :D:D:D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If that's the case (sorry!), email Uber and get your £5 cancellation fee back.

As you went in a Prius, that proves it was an X job.
I was seriously shocked how drivers miss out good fares, luggage says something (could be airport), pretty sure after me, he has catch someone going to the city for 7 pounds...

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
You will never stop stupid drivers trying it on.

The same driver will probably be moaning about how quiet it is and how he never gets any airport work.

He may be ex AddLee as it was fairly common for people to request a normal car knowing an Galaxy would turn up and they would try and fill up the other two seats.

My personal reply was that I was not insured to carry 6 passengers as it differed from the Pre Booking.

It always happened the most in Shoreditch.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most mini cab firm will charge you mpv if you have more then 2 suitcase and one hand luggage
Honestly talking I don't have knowledge on what minicab offices charge, but this for me is common sense, all my luggage was less than have another person on board, me and my 4 suitcases (2 cabin plane size) were lighter than have 2 people in the car... No sense, I do remember one girl in Stansted, when I phoned her to arrange the pick up she said that 4 big suitcases were with her, my prius was bloody full, she took a seat in front and 60 pounds fare arrived to my account... Maybe for someone is much better to carry on 4 passengers (no xl needed) for a speed bumps ride of 5 pounds...
Maybe I'm being a bit emotional about this, but this morning that driver p"**#ed me o*f big time...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Problem also is with uber, sometimes say peak times (surge) most XL cars will be taken as X so when there are genuine people who actually need a XL there isn't any and at times that can also create the surge when lack of XL drivers.

A XL job is obviously paid more than an X, uber should really create some sort of system for XL so at certain times they only receive XL jobs or if there's a lack of XL drivers and plenty of X around, give a X driver the X job not to the XL driver first.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Problem also is with uber, sometimes say peak times (surge) most XL cars will be taken as X so when there are genuine people who actually need a XL there isn't any and at times that can also create the surge when lack of XL drivers.

A XL job is obviously paid more than an X, uber should really create some sort of system for XL so at certain times they only receive XL jobs or if there's a lack of XL drivers and plenty of X around, give a X driver the X job not to the XL driver first.
That sounds a bit XL-ist to me ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Honestly talking I don't have knowledge on what minicab offices charge, but this for me is common sense, all my luggage was less than have another person on board, me and my 4 suitcases (2 cabin plane size) were lighter than have 2 people in the car... No sense, I do remember one girl in Stansted, when I phoned her to arrange the pick up she said that 4 big suitcases were with her, my prius was bloody full, she took a seat in front and 60 pounds fare arrived to my account... Maybe for someone is much better to carry on 4 passengers (no xl needed) for a speed bumps ride of 5 pounds...
Maybe I'm being a bit emotional about this, but this morning that driver p"**#ed me o*f big time...
You can put as much you can fit in boot but if they go on seat they will charge you estate or mpv

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think if you had been more courteous and had apologised to him, you wouldn't have suffered a cancellation fee and you wouldn't have had to order another car.
Let that be a lesson to you.
Oh and there are 2 l's in "cancellation" ;)

·
Banned
3,748 Posts
What makes you ask that ?
Has it ever occured to you that English is not the mother tongue of everyone on this or any forum?
Hellomate could effortlessly point out your spelling errors if you posted in German but then you couldn't even muster a ditty together Mr Bach.
Anyway I will award you another gold star for your spelling prowess.
Those sea lions are becoming fatigued with all the clapping they are doing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has it ever occured to you that English is not the mother tongue of everyone on this or any forum?
Hellomate could effortlessly point out your spelling errors if you posted in German but then you couldn't even muster a ditty together Mr Bach.
The only German i know is that Nazi Jack Duncey on here! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Everyone knows that he's a teacher in Oxford and Cambridge, going to be promoted soon as clown manager.
From today I'll make some more mistakes purposely in addition to my genuine, just to keep him busy...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts