Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually though, I've gotten requests, just short ones... I also wish I had cancelled one sooner. Waited till the 5 min mark to get my $$$. Request happened to be a block away from a surge zone and in the K st projects by coincidence.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Wait till 2am, it will start surging at U St.

Reactions: 3for3

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Went out a little late last night around 10:30-10:45. Wasn't surging for x so only did xl. Got 4 rides I think before I stopped a little after midnight. First ride was a new group of AU students whose previous uber driver dropped them at wrong address. Was a short trip but ok. Then I got a group of 4 going to Adams Morgan (which I hate ) was one guys birthday. Had drinks. The one friend in the front was a big drunk southern guy who I almost kicked out, just obnoxious, the others were fine. I pulled over and made them throw out their beers and dropped them off at the corner of 18th and Calvert. Did the old "I don't mind taking you down to town tavern but with all this traffic could take 20 minutes, if you want I can stop here so you can get there faster ". Of course they were thanking me, not realizing I was doing it for me. Then I got a ping pretty fast going down to Chinatown. I got one more I think. For the 1 1/2 hours I think I netted around $40. Used to do $100 on a Friday night for working a little but I saw uber drivers everywhere. Bye bye surge.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I miss the good ole days (a few weeks ago) when I was the only XL within a mile radius. Sure I had to drive 5-6 mins to pick up a pax, but the money sure was worth it. I also usually burn 30-40 or so miles anyway b/c I live all the way out in Fairfax (unless I get really lucky).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts