Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Is this Legal?

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Boca Ratman 
#1 ·
If Uber states that I am a professional driver and I have taken classes to accommodate special needs, pet, or special assistance, and charges more for these rides, is it legal for them not to pay more to the driver? They charge more! Also if I take an inefficient route is it legal for them to change what I make? If I agree to time and distance rates that are unrelated to what the rider paid, I can take whatever route that I want! But they keep changing my fares due to inefficient routes taken!

#2 ·
are you talking about the 'assist' videos? If so, assist request pay the same as X. So you really don't get much for watching the videos and taking the 'easy' quiz afterwards.

You have an agreement with uber that they can change whenever they want; not even sure if they do the 30 day notice that most agreements call for. You agree to the TOS each time they are updated and ever-time you go online you agree to abide by them.

But, yes, the days of getting a set percent of the pax fare are long gone.

#9 ·
I take what ever route I feel is best, often the longer route (more miles) is faster (less minutes). I have never had a fair reduced for inefficient route.

At heavy traffic times I take a 103 mile route while Uber suggests the 82 mile route to a specific destination. The longer route is on average 25 minutes quicker. Pax see the estimated arrival time and are worried about being late, they are thrilled when I take my route and get them there earlier so they don't have to rush. I do talk to the PAX and ask how they are on time and let them know I will take a different route to get them there quicker.

#10 ·
I take what ever route I feel is best, often the longer route (more miles) is faster (less minutes). I have never had a fair reduced for inefficient route.

At heavy traffic times I take a 103 mile route while Uber suggests the 82 mile route to a specific destination. The longer route is on average 25 minutes quicker. Pax see the estimated arrival time and are worried about being late, they are thrilled when I take my route and get them there earlier so they don't have to rush. I do talk to the PAX and ask how they are on time and let them know I will take a different route to get them there quicker.
I do that too but Uber adjusts my fares every time I do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.