Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently hit a deer and I'm going to get the headlight assemblies and grill replaced. There was a dent above the right passenger tire, and I tried to pop it out and use rubbing compound to buff it out so it doesn't look as bad as before. There are also scratches that I buffer out about 80%. The paint work is pretty bad if you look closely, but looks ok if you don't pay attention.
The interior is ok, just a little faded from age. I can use a Bissell Deep cleaner, Windex, Armorall, etc to make it ok. My Uber Rating was 4.15 and I haven't driven for 10 months.
I paid 50 bucks to be reactivated, but have only done one or 2 jobs after that 10 months ago.
Is it worth doing Uber in this car in Philly and NJ, or should I get a different car before starting UberX again?

Attachments

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I recently hit a deer and I'm going to get the headlight assemblies and grill replaced. There was a dent above the right passenger tire, and I tried to pop it out and use rubbing compound to buff it out so it doesn't look as bad as before. There are also scratches that I buffer out about 80%. The paint work is pretty bad if you look closely, but looks ok if you don't pay attention.
The interior is ok, just a little faded from age. I can use a Bissell Deep cleaner, Windex, Armorall, etc to make it ok. My Uber Rating was 4.15 and I haven't driven for 10 months.
I paid 50 bucks to be reactivated, but have only done one or 2 jobs after that 10 months ago.
Is it worth doing Uber in this car in Philly and NJ, or should I get a different car before starting UberX again?
Do you not have collision insurance? Or could you not afford the deductible?

One or two jobs in 10 months? And not deactivated?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Burn it with fire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You're lucky many cars in my neck o the woods get a lot more damaged than that . drive it if it is safe, get it fixed when you can.

·
Registered
857 Posts
damn crash, thats not your first wreck! (pealing paint is a dead give away of past poorly completely repairs) its a malibu or impala right? hit up www.car-part.com and get the parts in color to fix it up :) that said it's bargain basement taxi service.. If you show up they should be happy.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
that's the perfect car for uber. this is not a service. no tipping. low rates. if pax don't like your car they can take the bus.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts