Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a pizza delivery for Uber and the guy said he put a 20% tip in the app for me. I was under the impression that there was no such feature.

Pizza was sent as an UberRush if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The app misleads people because there is a section where you can enter a percentage tip on the app. Unfortunately it only applies for cab drivers under Ubercab.

Uber did a wonderful job of teaching the public that "the tip is included" until they got sued for it, but the inference has stuck.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm sure it wasn't his first order with Eats or Rush so he should have known it didn't have a tip option. He was probably out if cash or smaller bills and just said he will tip as he knows he will never see you again lol.

Barely no one for Eats ever tips. Not just for not having a tip option but because people don't really carry cash anymore.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Or because they're just simply cheap. I think as usual per Uber cust., they suddenly think Uber drivers are not part of the rest of the service society in which tipping is more or less considered mandatory.

Then there are those who mistakenly believe the delivery fee and the booking fee go to the driver.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hhmm maybe but I think it could be that they're cheap or no cash on hand. A girl gave me a $10 tip on Eats for a small order but that is rare.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did a pizza delivery for Uber and the guy said he put a 20% tip in the app for me. I was under the impression that there was no such feature. If it was from paxtis pizza he probably did tip..but it went to tge pizza place.. Uber rush orders are placed through the business when they need extra help delivering products...you can call the business to recieve tip ive done it a few times. But only for Paxtis

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did a pizza delivery for Uber and the guy said he put a 20% tip in the app for me. I was under the impression that there was no such feature.

Yeah it was probably a eat 24 order that they ended up sending through uber rush or one of those other delivery services thats happened alot and you can see the tip on the reciept if the gave you one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts