Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like when I log in I see yellow and red then as soon as I drive a few feet they turn off... What's up with that?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Was driving early this morning and there was a little surge around 2am in the Old Town Scottsdale and Tempe areas. I don't think the surge has anything to do with how many drivers are on, I think it has to do with call volume in a specific area. Now getting a request in a surge area would be affected by how many drivers are on. Just not much going on now, hang on till fall.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Last surge I saw was Friday night after the Dbacks game and i got booted off. Was out of commission for 45 minutes before I could get logged back in. :-\

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surges happen when more pax have the uber app open than drivers are available. It doesn't necessarily mean there are 42 thousand people looking for rides, while there may be more people looking for rides I've noticed alot of them moving to just outside the surge area or waiting for it to end.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Last surge I saw was Friday night after the Dbacks game and i got booted off. Was out of commission for 45 minutes before I could get logged back in. :-\
Same here. In middle of pickup server went down and I couldn't log my last customer...made the pickup and the dropoff, off line and had to fight for payment the next day. Uber did come through for me but only paid the basic fare. I was stuck in traffic downtown for 20 minutes just to get to the freeway half a mile away.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same here. In middle of pickup server went down and I couldn't log my last customer...made the pickup and the dropoff, off line and had to fight for payment the next day. Uber did come through for me but only paid the basic fare. I was stuck in traffic downtown for 20 minutes just to get to the freeway half a mile away.
Yeah that was a total cluster. I couldn't complete a trip, once I got back on I thought everything was kosher til the next day I saw an $86.xx fare in my trip history when I knew good and well the pax at that time of night wasn't on THAT long of a ride with me overlapping other fares I took. Long story short, I had the fare adjusted. Of course they had no problem adjusting the fare down lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts