Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway I can rent a Tahoe or xl/select vehicle short term ?????????????

I would like to know if there is any way I can rent, lease or pay someone to use a select/xl vehicle ?

I have driven uber x for about 2 years and would like to upgrade and purchase an xl/select vehicle,
but before I do, I would like to see how it will go first.

Also considering an Acura MDX for select/xl any thoughts ?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is there anyway I can rent a Tahoe or xl/select vehicle short term ?????????????

I would like to know if there is any way I can rent, lease or pay someone to use a select/xl vehicle ?

I have driven uber x for about 2 years and would like to upgrade and purchase an xl/select vehicle,

Thanks in Advance
Currently still good money, but I would get a vehicle that can do both XL and Select.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My Buick Enclave does both. Over time 40% of my rides are Select.
"Carguru" website offers lot of choices and prices from numerous new & used car dealers

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think the MDX would be a great option for XL/Select... Dependable and even with high mileage will have a good resale value when you get ready to sell and get something else. I currently drive XL / X and am thinking of trading up so I can do Select. It was an existing vehicle which is the only reason I started with it. X was ok to gain the experience but not profitable if you are driving an SUV. I can now turn X on or off depending on my mood, but only do it when I am bored.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Thanks in Advance[/QUOTE

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have no experience at renting or leasing a car for ride share. However, according to the following information, Enterprise Leasing may offer the type of program that you are looking for - short term to try it out:

Uber Enterprise Rental Car Partnership
If you're looking for an even more flexible option, Uber has teamed up with Enterprise to offer weekly rentals to drivers. The cost is a bit higher at $210/week but insurance is included and the fee to get started is just $40. The minimum rental term is only 7 days and there is also unlimited mileage. This option wouldn't make a lot of sense for a mid to longer term rental but it's a great option if your car is in the shop, you just want to test out driving for a week or you only need a vehicle for the summer for example.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think this is avaizble in atlanta

I have no experience at renting or leasing a car for ride share. However, according to the following information, Enterprise Leasing may offer the type of program that you are looking for - short term to try it out:

Uber Enterprise Rental Car Partnership
If you're looking for an even more flexible option, Uber has teamed up with Enterprise to offer weekly rentals to drivers. The cost is a bit higher at $210/week but insurance is included and the fee to get started is just $40. The minimum rental term is only 7 days and there is also unlimited mileage. This option wouldn't make a lot of sense for a mid to longer term rental but it's a great option if your car is in the shop, you just want to test out driving for a week or you only need a vehicle for the summer for example.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I noticed today the MDX and Enclave are off the Select list, not even the Escalade is on there. What the hell is Uber doing? I had been in the market for an MDX for XL/Select, good thing I didn't buy one, not sure when they updated the list.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I noticed today the MDX and Enclave are off the Select list, not even the Escalade is on there. What the hell is Uber doing? I had been in the market for an MDX for XL/Select, good thing I didn't buy one, not sure when they updated the list.
Yea I was just gona buy a escalade Hybrid or enclave, what happens to people who have them already do they get off the select platform

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yea I was just gona buy a escalade Hybrid or enclave, what happens to people who have them already do they get off the select platform
Seems crazy that they would take the Escalade and MDX off and leave the Tahoe... I'm pretty sure anyone who has one of the other vehicles recently removed would be grandfathered in.

·
Registered
304 Posts

Thanks in Advance
I rented for a week thru hyrecar. A couple hundred bucks, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seems crazy that they would take the Escalade and MDX off and leave the Tahoe... I'm pretty sure anyone who has one of the other vehicles recently removed would be grandfathered in.
I would hope so, would be furious had I bought one of those models only to see it disappear.
Its also strange the left the Acura RDX, its smaller than the MDX and doesnt have a 3rd row. Odd stuff but not as if you can discuss this sort of thing with anyone. Oh well

1 - 20 of 20 Posts