Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Uber will eventually put you in a time out. Maybe for 10-30 minutes. Especially if you're in a surge. I know one rider who was put in a timeout after two surge cancels.
Uber will take additional punitive action, up to and including permanent deactivation, if your percentage cancellation remains too high. Despite Uber's desire to maximize driver participation, Uber cannot afford the public perception that drivers cancel too much.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Uber will take additional punitive action, up to and including permanent deactivation, if your percentage cancellation remains too high. Despite Uber's desire to maximize driver participation, Uber cannot afford the public perception that drivers cancel too much.
Wrong again... this post is asking about RIDER cancellations

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Wrong again... this post is asking about RIDER cancellations
Oops, my bad! I was talking about driver cancellations. I agree that there is little or no penalty for rider cancellations.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Holy crap, more proof rideshare drivers arent the smartest. They cant even comprehend the difference between rider & driver lol.

Getting charged a $5 cancelation fee if you cancel after 5 minutes or if driver cancels as a No Show after waiting at least 5 minutes at pin/pickup location.

I doubt either company would ban a rider account for too many cancels but i dont know that for sure.

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I think if they saw too many instances that would form a pattern of trying to not pay a surge price, that might get you deactivated for surge manipulation or fraudulent activity.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I think if they saw too many instances that would form a pattern of trying to not pay a surge price, that might get you deactivated for surge manipulation or fraudulent activity.
Uh, nope. It's simply a person changing their mind about a price they are willing to pay for something. No law against that and Uber wants to keep riders on the app. Maybe a timeout then back to biz as usual.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I doubt it. Riders get away with all kinds of sh*t. Riders already pay the "penalty" of waiting for the surge to decrease. For rider deactivation, it usually takes something really serious, a.k.a. illegal, violating TOS, or worst of all, having insufficient funds.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I've had riders that request during surges and constantly cancel. I had one that requested and canceled right away. She requested again and I went to her pickup location. After five minutes and no reply to texts I canceled her. Within seconds I got another request from 1/2 mile away and accepted it - same girl. She canceled. Then requested again. I went back into the trip I got the fee for and reported her as a fraudulent rider.

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I've had riders that request during surges and constantly cancel. I had one that requested and canceled right away. She requested again and I went to her pickup location. After five minutes and no reply to texts I canceled her. Within seconds I got another request from 1/2 mile away and accepted it - same girl. She canceled. Then requested again. I went back into the trip I got the fee for and reported her as a fraudulent rider.
I think there are drivers who will use their passenger to request rides when there is a sizable surge, just to keep another driver too busy to get a legitimate request. They cancel out before the 5-minute mark usually, and when they don't it's cuz they screwed up.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I knew a guy that did that. Eventually they banned his rider account. Tried to get another one using different phones, credit cards, addresses, etc. if one ever worked it was only days before it was banned again (even though he quit the false pings). Somehow they know...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.