Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
View attachment 235619 so I've been running Lyft now that I am one ride away from this weakly guarantee I haven'the had a request in 2 hours

Anyone else in Lakeland Florida running today?
We're you busy between 3 and 5 pm on Sat June 10
Yes, everything Lyft does is a scam. No matter what promotion you're running you're limited to $20 an hr in fares. Based on your market. Long rides short rides it doesn't matter.

· Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Sorry I can't tell you anything about Lakeland, but I think the weekly ride challenge is a carrot on a stick.....to entice you to work more than you might have planned. I would have to work 6-7 days/ week to make my minimum number. I made it once in mid-April, then this week by happenstance. It is never among my personal goals for the week.

Yes, everything Lyft does is a scam. No matter what promotion you're running you're limited to $20 an hr in fares. Based on your market. Long rides short rides it doesn't matter.
Yup, $20/hour average is on the nose!

· Registered
128 Posts
View attachment 235619 so I've been running Lyft now that I am one ride away from this weakly guarantee I haven'the had a request in 2 hours

They do this everywhere... I've even had my friend request me for a ride as an experience and my uber car didn't even show up on his map... They don't want to pay you!!! Just get what they need out of you and make as much profit as possible.. sad to hear that even after a regime change.

· Registered
1,711 Posts

Guarantees are always scams. They only make up the difference. So they give you long base rate bs to get you almost there. So the difference is minimal. But you could drive your way and make the same amount

· Registered
8,589 Posts

Duh! Why do you think your last few rides are always the longest to come by? The system knows it has you by the balls and will play you any way it wants. One more reason to not chase incentives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.